1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R1 display problems

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ultimatenyle, Jul 17, 2001.

1. ultimatenyle

ultimatenyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the older wharfdale dvd750 and a standard Grundig 4:3 tv connected via rgb scart.
    When I play R1 discs the image is displayed in a very narrow(highthwise) picture. Top and bottom bars, then a thin grey line then the image of the film (wide screen). Its like ultra widscreen, or i suppose watching a widescreen image complete with bars on a widescreen tv.
    The most extreme bars are completely black as if there is no signal there at all, they are then broken by a very thin grey line then i get the normal widescreen bars then the image.
    I do not have this problem with vhs tapes, i just get the standard widescreen bars. I've tried fiddling with the output from the wharfdale but to no avail. The tv does not have any picture adjust features but dispalys everthing from dreamcast 60hz images and vhs players to spectrums and sega saturns ok.
    Anyone got any ideas why this is or how to remedy if possible?

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Check the DVD player's setup for an option to choose between Pan&Scan or Letterbox. Try and change it.