1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R1 Blade Trinity Extreme Edition playback problems

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by nealgs, Jun 8, 2005.

1. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have posted in DVD forum also, but thought i'd post here incase,

Does anyone now if there is anything special about this R1 DVD at all, i.e. new copyprotection method, or something as my Momitsu V880N won't play the soddin thing at all - keeps saying No Disk.

Have tried it on a freebie Bush dvd player we got with some insurance policy and it works fine :mad:

any info appreciated

Gary

2. Hugh

Hugh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,078
    The only playback problem I got, was that it played :D .

After it finished I began to wish it hadn't played at all. Really thought it was a poor film.

Seriously though, I had no problems with my Momitsu V880 (Note the lack of an N). I've the older one and it worked fine through DVI. Mine was the R1 extreme edition (Canadian) although I think it's identical to the US R1.

I have seen some region 1 discs, that seem to play better as region 0 and vice versa.

3. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks Hugh,

mine is the canadian edition also, and just won't play at all, except in the above mentioned cheapo Bush player.

There is no way to change the region on the 880N AFAIAm so looks like the player is not as good as i hoped

Gary

4. Hugh

Hugh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,078
    Does the region code menu not work on the V880N? I thought all the V880's were region free.

Have it on the main screen with the DVD logo on display. Open tray.

Then press the arrow keys in this sequence.

DUDURL. (Down, Up, Down, Up, Right, Left)

Hopefully this will bring up a menu that will let you select from 0 to 6.

Edit: Just checked the V880N user guide and it says it's factory set at all regions and all the displays look completely different, so I doubt the above will work.