1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

+R will not finalise on 4kus 230

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by cocneywizard, Jun 18, 2005.

1. cocneywizard

cocneywizard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Brought 4kus 230 from Asda about 4 wks ago. Machine works well on play and record. No problem finalizing +r discs to play on other players until today.After recording a film and then pressing remote to finalise a failed prompt comes on screen.I tried to play disc but after several minutes trying to read the disc I get a report invalid disc
    Thanks for any advice.

2. Loobster

Loobster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    We need more info.

Have you been using the same disks before and after this apparent change in behaviour?

Have you searched for a firmware update for this model?

--Loob.

3. cocneywizard

cocneywizard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Loobster thanks for reply
    I have only used Mr DVD +r since I started recording bought from asda.
    Have used about 15 discs no problems, but have noticed a difference with the latest 5 they do not have any writing on the disc, could this be MrDVD sourcing from a different manufacture

Regards.

4. Loobster

Loobster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Indeed it sounds like the disks could be your problem.

To be honest, most high street stores are incredibly overpriced for blank DVDs, you should buy from an online retailer where you have a bigger choice. For DVD+R I highly recommend SVP as a supplier, I bought a bucketload of these Ricoh dye disks (rebranded as Datawrite in this case). Ricoh is probably the best maker of +R disks that there is. Nobody I know has had problems with them.

These "non-major" brands do tend to switch manufacturers of their disks and so what looks like identical disks on the outside can in fact be very different as far as the dye is concerned.

Here's a link to the exact disks I am talking about, only 18p each.

http://www.blankdiscshop.co.uk/acatalog/dvdplusrnoprint.html#a3230

They are rated at 4x but will burn at 8x in a suitable burner and I've had no problems with them on my 3 year old Philips DVDR980 set-top recorder.

--Loob.

5. musukebba

musukebba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Yes, these Ricoh discs are excellent and SVP have a week-long shipping discount offer if you join their Buyer's Club:

"First off, we have a voucher code to discount shipping by £2.00 on any order you place with SVP during this week. To get the £2.00 discount on shipping, this is what you do:

Input the coupon code "useby25june" into our website during the checkout you will get a £2 shipping discount on your order!

The offer is valid from now until 11.59pm on Saturday 25th June 2005. Your order must be for goods totalling over £30 and you must use the coupon code useby25june at the SVP checkout to activate the £2.00+VAT discount. We have no objection to customers sharing the coupon code with friends and family, but please ask them to join our Buyers Club mailing list on our website. It costs them nothing and will enable us to keep them updated with any future special offers."

6. cocneywizard

cocneywizard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for advice. Have purchased the discs you mentioned from SVP.
    Will post how I get on.
    Regards.