+R/RW compatibility problems. Advice please

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by owl36, Oct 14, 2004.

1. owl36

owl36

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My panasonic DVDS-75 will not play Philips DVDR-70 DVD+R/RW discs. As the panasonic only supports DVD-r and DVD-RAM, this is not a great surprise.....BUT a number of people indicate that the panasonic can play specific DVD+R/RW media. Any suggestions anyone.

Alternatively I buy another DVD (Toshiba 330) that supports DVD+R/RW or I buy the DVD-recorder Panasonic 55-EBS and record in DVD-RAM

Should I try different media or should I arrange to buy a different DVD player? Alternatively I could buy a DVD-recorder competent of reading DVD-RAM and DVD-R

Advice much appreciated
    dr_jaga

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,673
    Your Panasonic player SHOULD support DVD+RW/+R playback - accordingly if it doesn't then there might be something wrong with your disks. Are you using good quality branded media? Have the disks been used extensively (they don't last forever)? Have you 'editted' on your Philips (which can affect compatibility)? In the case of DVD+R media ensure you have finalised it.

Do note that Toshiba DVD players tend not to work very well with + media as Toshiba has disabled playback in most of their machines. Most DVD players (including the Panasonic range) can cope with them though.