R Reg Ford Fiesta Radio Help

Andy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm after a bit of assistance if possible, I had to have some work done on my car earlier this week and as they had to do some welding they disconnected my battery and now I can't listen to my radio.

Could someone tell me where I find the serial number so I can give ford a call to try and get the code for this ? My radio is a 4000rds IIRC.

I've looked through all of the documents I have and it's not written anywhere, unfortunatley the guy that this was purchased from has no idea what it is either :( :facepalm:

serial no should be on the side of unit or on top of casing !
you may need to remove unit to see !

quoting the car reg plate to fords may be of help but you need the original no plate where the stereo come from ! to save you removing unit.

obtaining the code number is availabe from the internet but at a charge !

and fords will charge you as well normally :(

Last edited:
Just tried that code, first attempt putting it in and it's displaying the message "WAIT 30:00" and has begun a countdown, have turned it off so it'll have to continue the countdown on my lunch break but I assume that means it's incorrect.

If only I had the radio manual :facepalm:

Just tried that code, first attempt putting it in and it's displaying the message "WAIT 30:00" and has begun a countdown, have turned it off so it'll have to continue the countdown on my lunch break but I assume that means it's incorrect.

If only I had the radio manual :facepalm:

yes incorrect code !

The more incorrect codes you put in the more waiting times you will have to wait .

I think it may lock you out as well if my memory serves me correct ?!!

if you have many attempts etc .

Last edited:
yes incorrect code !

The more incorrect codes you put in the more waiting times you will have to wait .

Darn :facepalm:

I've rung the local ford dealer and you were correct, they want to charge me £15 in order to retrieve it for me..

Darn :facepalm:

I've rung the local ford dealer and you were correct, they want to charge me £15 in order to retrieve it for me..

try googleing car codes on net there are some companys that will do it cheaper :smashin:

Give me the serial numer, starts with M and i'll get you the code

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom