1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R.I.P to my Tosh

Discussion in 'TVs' started by sheep, Apr 2, 2005.

1. sheep

sheep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I have decided to give up on my Tosh even though i love the design and performance,as some of you will know i had to have a replacement set after 2 weeks...well now this set is knackered all the colours are shot i.e peoples faces are purple backgrounds look terrible(will post some pics soon)so im pretty sure that there is a major problem with the lamp/wheel so as im sure you can understand im not prepared to have a 3rd set once bitten, twice shy,third p*ss*d off so i have decided to go for the samsung sp-50l7hx,I bought from comet for 2499 and i got to be honest their customer support was brilliant didnt even have to wait for an engineer to come out they swapped it all straight away lets hope ive made the right choice,feed back would be good as i kinda rushed my decision as i dont want to be without a tv forever,what tv&hi fi rate it highly but i value your opinions more
    thanks
    sheep

2. supermackem

supermackem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    lol i wish i could get a second set never mind a third, digital point are a joke dont use them. Dont want to know after the sale fobbed me off for three weeks now.

3. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,511
    Magazine reviews are a great guidline to purchasing equipment but you can beat an enthusiast that has the set in/her house for a few months. Magazines only use the set for a limited amount of time as they have deadlines and other av gear to test. I wish I knew about these forums before I bought my RD65. It was only because the RD65 had problems that i found this site. I am very glad that there are good people here willing to help others get around their problems or offer mostly helpfull advice.

Before I buy any peice of av equipment I will always post in these forums for mebers advice.

I think everyone in these forums deserve a round of applause :clap: :clap: :clap:

BTW I am so sorry you guys are having a hard time with these sets. Shame on Tosh for releasing the blur/oil painting feature. It isnt what your customers want, try extra bass next time or a built in freeview box.

4. supermackem

supermackem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Yeah i read the mag review on my tosh before i bought it and they give it a pretty good review. Bang got it home then the probs become evident, i would recommend veiwing thse forums before a buy i know i will be doing before my next buy of a av item.

5. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,511
    When Tosh say its a feature you guys should reply how do you switch the feature off. After all, all features can be turned on or off. Just a bit of ammo for you to hit Tosh with.

6. sheep

sheep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    The only problem i find is that everyone obviously has their own opinions about every dlp available,some love the Tosh,some the Sagem etc so you really have got to weigh the opinions stated here with your own gut feeling,as i stated i love the Tosh its everything i wanted but i'm not prepared to put up with the faults that came with my ones,lets face it all the dlp's have got their own merits but i want to know what its like to live with the samsung so feed back please as to those looking to buy the Tosh dont be put off by my experience as i seem to be one of just a few who have problems with it,I still think for the money its a cracking tv but am quite excited about getting the samsung,as a last note to you samsung owners do you get the little av rack shown on kelkoo as standard or is it an extra?
    sheep

7. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,511
    I think the stand is an extra. I am sure you can get bundles with it included but it will be added to the total price.

8. -TYN-

-TYN-

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Sorry to correct you Razer ;) but all outlets should be supplying it free now.

9. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,511
    Please correct away... Oh well thats good news competition is hotting up :)

Chicken and Chips Happy Days..... :smashin:

10. sheep

sheep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hmmm i'm liking this tv more and more lol still i want more feedback i say more!!! is the picture as good as the commercially biased magazines say?:))