1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R.E.M. In view - Packaging?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by MonkeyDonkey, Oct 27, 2003.

1. MonkeyDonkey

MonkeyDonkey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I bought this today from Virgin Megastore as they had it advertised for £15.99 (although it should be £19.99 and whoever did the posters got it wrong apparently, still when I pointed it out they honoured the price) however after getting it home I've still not been able to open it.

There is some sort of pink plastic (security device?) locking the cover together, I've tried to get it out with numerous tools but can't.

Is this supposed to be there ?
    If so how the hell do I get it off ?

I've never seen it on other discs, although I very rarely buy in shops so that could be why. If you don't know what I mean I'll get a piccy of it, i'm just desperate to get into the damn thing.

Help!
    :suicide:

2. Lux

Lux
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    is it a normal amaray and the pink plastic is on the side where you open the amaray??
    in that case they didn't take off the antitheft device. you have to go back AFAIK. Not many people get their discs with that device so not many know how to get rid of it.

HTH

3. MonkeyDonkey

MonkeyDonkey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah that was it. I took it back and it set the alarm off as I went in (slightly worrying it didn't set the alarm off when I walked out the store with it the first time) and they took it off for me.

It was setting off the alarm at uni too, really annoying!

Thanks anyway!