1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R.C.E. on Region 2 Discs ??????

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by swartzy, May 18, 2001.

1. swartzy

swartzy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +650
    Forgive me for asking this question if it is old news but I seem to have read somewhere in this forum that R.C.E. is going to apply to certain Region 2 discs in the future and I was wondering if anyone could clarify a few questions if this is true......
    1. In what way will R.C.E. effect a Region 0 modified dvd player...will it be the same as region 1 where the disc will not play.
    2.I thought R.C.E. was only applicable to region 1 so why is this coming out now????

Apologies in advance if these questions are obvious but I would really appreciate anyones feedback if possible?

Thanks in advance
    :)swartzy :)

2. robbo

robbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My job is selling DVD and videofilms to video libraries and retailers and I've never heard of this.I just spoke to a friend at one of the film studios and he says they have no plans to do this.It's pointless as RCE is designed to stop territories getting films early so why should it be put on anything but R1?

3. swartzy

swartzy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +650
    Robbo,
    Thanks for the reply,but I tried to go back on the forum to see where I seen this.Look at DaveS comments further down this thread on the topic of TOSHIBA 210D page one followed by the claim that R.C.E. titles would apply to some region 2 titles from next month? Please forgive me for being slightly confused on this area at the moment?
    Any feedback welcome......!

regards

[ 19-05-2001: Message edited by: swartzy ]

4. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How about Terminator for example?
    Outstanding region 2 disc and not due on region 1 for at leats 6 months.
    O Brother Where Art Thou springs to mind as another example. Released a here a good 3 months before it's region 1 date.
    Hey, maybe we're not as bad off as we thought were! What's that?! DTS on R1 O Brother? Maybe we are a third world country after all. :mad:

5. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    'fraid not. Why? Are you after some tax free AV kit?
    You need a hair cut in your profile picture by the way?!!

6. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    'fraid not. Why? Are you after some tax free AV kit?
    You need a hair cut in your profile picture by the way?!!
    Just noticed your link. Obviously petrol you are after!

7. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You use the term "station commander".
    Ex crab by chance? ;)

8. swartzy

swartzy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +650
    For a minute there Confucious I thought you answered this topic....Guess not??????

9. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Forgive my ignorance but what does a "crab" do? If you would have to shoot me then i'm not that curious and can live without knowing!

Regards

SteveEX

-------------------------------------------------------------Yeah????????? And f*@K you too!

10. The Sweeper

The Sweeper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    SteveEX, Crab is a nickname for a member of the RAF. Next you'll want to ask Confucious what a Blunty is...

Back(ish) on topic - just had delivery of a Techtronics mod Tosh 210e and it doesn't pick up RCE disks automatically. You have to stick a non-RCE disk in before playing an RCE disk. Haven't heard anything about Region 2 going down the RCE route though.

Regards,

The Sweeper