Qwerty mobile phone.

mike33445566

Novice Member
Hello.

Can anyone offer my advice please.

I live in the UK.

I am trying to have a bit of a digital detox.

Problem being my life is so intertwined with my smart phone its proving pretty difficult.

I've tried simple 4g phone such as the Nokia 8110. Whilst these are good I really hate the keypad.

I wonder if anyone knew a qwerty keypad phone with a Internet browser.

Doesn't need WhatsApp etc.

Access to Google maps would be a big help.

I plan to use it as my day phone and use my smartphone almost like a tablet and switch it off when I'm over using.

Thanks.

Mike.

Steven

Senior Moderator
According to GSM Arena search the only 4G smartphones with a qwerty keyboard made since 2018 are the BlackBerry KEY2 (no space in the branding) and KEY2 LE

While your needs do not require a lot of power, ideally avoid a handset manufactured too many years ago due to out of date security updates

DSDave123

Standard Member
It sounds like a weird hybrid nobody would bother making to be honest. People will either make smartphones with the full google experience or barebones simple phones, they aren't going to take some subset of a full smartphone and try and integrate it with a qwerty keyboard.

I suggest you either get a basic phone or look at the digital wellbeing and parental controls section and see if some of the time limits or app controls will help.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom