Bargain Expired QVC Bargain - UE55KU6000 - £629.96

Spec-Chum

Established Member
Reaction score
For anyone looking for a very decent HDR capable LED TV, QVC deal of the day is a Samsung UE55KU6000 for the extremely good price of £629.96.

It's today only but's that's a right bargain. I'd be all over it if I'd not have bought a KU6400 on Thursday! Slightly gutted lol

Just ordered one great price at £157 easy pay.
Am bothered about the warranty only being one year when I checked on Samsung's website I thought they did five years on most tv's this size

how does this compare to the DX750?
The dx750 outclasses it in pretty much every department bit it's also nigh on 400 notes more.

It's not really an apples to apples comparison.

I'd say the dx750 competes more with the Samsung ue49ks7000 .

Bought one myself and just had it delivered. Anyone got a link to calibration settings?

Bought one myself and just had it delivered. Anyone got a link to calibration settings?
If it's anything like my ku6400 you don't need any really.

Just change to movie, adjust backlight to suit and turn automotion off (I actually keep mine on custom 3) and you're done.

The brightness and contrast were already dead on with mine.

Automotion? Where in the settings will I find that mate?

Thanks mate found it.
What exactly does that setting do?

Thanks mate found it.
What exactly does that setting do?
Removes judder but set it too high (I leave it on 3 or 4) and it makes everything too smooth and it just looks weird. This is commonly called "Soap Opera Effect".

So not off but set judder reduction to 3, is that right?

So not off but set judder reduction to 3, is that right?
It's personal preference, most people prefer it off completely but I quite like it when it at a lower level.

I dont like it on auto tho.

Sorry for the daft questions but this is very new to me.
How can I tell if the setting (3) is working or not, what should I look out for?

Sorry for the daft questions but this is very new to me.
How can I tell if the setting (3) is working or not, what should I look out for?
Judder, like small jumps while watching. The smoothing is pretty subtle when using 3 so you might not even notice.

Watching something with a lot of movement, like camera panning, for a minute with it on auto, then watch the same scene again with it off. You'll see :)

You never know, you might like it on auto.

Yes I did, took about t days to arrive and am very pleased with it. Which is quite unusual as QVC can over egg their products. But with the free return policy it was worth taking the chance.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom