• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Quitting smoking? Be aware about Clearsmoke

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
The missus was mooching through her E-mail and saw an ad for this Clearsmoke thing, which involves a pretend smoke, where you only exhale water vapour.

You pay £7 for a trial pack containing a rake of stuff, which seems brilliant :smashin:

Seeing as she has health problems, she knows she needs to pack them in, hence was just halfway through signing up.
She asked me a question about it.

I went and had a look and the site looked moody.
It was talking about how secure it was, had a big tab, saying "rush my order" (always snidey imo), had no "https" and no lock on the bottom of the page.

Anyway, getting to the point, I'm sure this particular site was well dodgy, but whatever.

I did a bit of research and it seems there is such a company, with just that same deal.

What they don't tell you though, is that if you don't return the kit after 15 days, you will get billed for £60.
And on the 45th day and every 30 after, you'll be billed for £25 for monthly supplies.

As much as I'd like to call this a scam, it isn't, because it's all there in the T&C's.

But it's at least sharp practice imo.

The point is, it may well be a perfectly good product, but make sure you know the facts before signing up ;)

animalambulance

Standard Member
Hi badger,
Incase you are interested I have been having similar problems with ClearSmoke and this afternoon they canceled my order for a "free kit" it didn't arrive after 12 days and they were about to try and sting me for £59.99 it because my free trial was going to be expired in 3 days and before i'd even had the chance to test it out.I put a thread about it on moneysaverexpert about the situation and thought that you may like to read about how things could have progressed if you had continued and got your wife a kit.Kind Regards Michael

Lancia34

Distinguished Member
I tried IntelliCig I think it was. Pretty good, no catches and very cheap.

Didn't help me though, no matter how hard I tried. In the end I went with patches...the easiest thing in the world - would definitely recommend them over anything that substitutes the actual smoking and routine (which are the two biggest issues when giving up).

Rumgum

Standard Member
I wish I'd read this first.

I paid the £7.95 for the p&p on the trial kit. Initially there were confusing e-mails confirming my order on 18th Jan, cancelling it on the 19th Jan, apologising for cancelling it, the re-activating on the 20th (with an offer of a 20% discount coupon on their ecommerce site within "the next few days")

To date, 3rd February no sign of any coupon. I am suspicious that they will use the confusing correspondence to weazel out of the 15 day, no obligation cancellation notice, and try to claim on my bank account.

For the information and advice to any other possible respondents to their off, I would point you in the direction of doinga bit more research on electronic cigarettes and you will find that there are a number of offers @£25 or less - WITH NO FURTHER COMMITMENT.

The missus was mooching through her E-mail and saw an ad for this Clearsmoke thing, which involves a pretend smoke, where you only exhale water vapour.

You pay £7 for a trial pack containing a rake of stuff, which seems brilliant :smashin:

Seeing as she has health problems, she knows she needs to pack them in, hence was just halfway through signing up.
She asked me a question about it.

I went and had a look and the site looked moody.
It was talking about how secure it was, had a big tab, saying "rush my order" (always snidey imo), had no "https" and no lock on the bottom of the page.

Anyway, getting to the point, I'm sure this particular site was well dodgy, but whatever.

I did a bit of research and it seems there is such a company, with just that same deal.

What they don't tell you though, is that if you don't return the kit after 15 days, you will get billed for £60.
And on the 45th day and every 30 after, you'll be billed for £25 for monthly supplies.

As much as I'd like to call this a scam, it isn't, because it's all there in the T&C's.

But it's at least sharp practice imo.

The point is, it may well be a perfectly good product, but make sure you know the facts before signing up ;)

Rumgum

Standard Member
Would you believe it! Not 10 minute after I posted my comment about not receiving a coupon from Clearsmoke - I received an e-mail with my coupon included!

Obviously someone must be monitoring this comment site.
I wish I'd read this first.

I paid the £7.95 for the p&p on the trial kit. Initially there were confusing e-mails confirming my order on 18th Jan, cancelling it on the 19th Jan, apologising for cancelling it, the re-activating on the 20th (with an offer of a 20% discount coupon on their ecommerce site within "the next few days")

To date, 3rd February no sign of any coupon. I am suspicious that they will use the confusing correspondence to weazel out of the 15 day, no obligation cancellation notice, and try to claim on my bank account.

For the information and advice to any other possible respondents to their off, I would point you in the direction of doinga bit more research on electronic cigarettes and you will find that there are a number of offers @£25 or less - WITH NO FURTHER COMMITMENT.

Rumgum

Standard Member
Phoned in to cancel my order today. You won't believe this but...... it was outside the 15 day cancellation period (no account taken for them cancelling the order etc [see above]) so they had already billed my account!

I argued my case and they have said they will refund. We'll see.

Sounds like it's all smoke and mirrors.

animalambulance

Standard Member
Good Luck Rumgum!!

I bet at times like this you wish you had used a prepaid £50.00 card that will only permit debits up to this level until your credit has run out?You can always buy a few if you need to spend a larger amount as in my experience sellers never mind taking it from a few different cards as long as they get paid.

Member 535087

Standard Member
ClearSmoke would like to address some of the issues, problems and complaints posted on this site. Your feedback is very important to us and we strive to ensure all our customers receive great service and most importantly, that they are satisfied with our products.

Therefore, please see below for our responses to some of the issues raised:

Website Security - Rest assured that all of our special offer pages and promotions, as well as the main e-commerce site, use a secure server. We do not pass along your information to any unauthorised partner, and we will not put your data at risk.

Unexpected charges - In the instance of trial promotion offers, all details of charges and billing are outlined throughout the ordering process, and made clear in our Terms & Conditions page as well. The ClearSmoke kit also ships with Terms & Conditions restated, to make sure that the terms of your order are clear.

Refunds - After accepting one of our trial promotion offers, customers have a 15-day trial period in which to evaluate the product and cancel their order. Some customers choose to cancel the order and return the product, but many do not and genuinely benefit from integrating ClearSmoke into their lives in a meaningful way.

Recurring charges - We do not automatically charge customers on a recurring payment basis. Only those customers who choose to enrol in our optional Lounge Program - a monthly VIP benefit program - pay a monthly fee and receive a monthly supply of cartridges, lifetime warranty and other benefits. In order to be enrolled in the Lounge, customers must specifically subscribe to the Lounge offer and use the 'Yes Please!' tab or another active method of confirming their order.

Communication from ClearSmoke - A database glitch occurred in January, leading to problems with email orders and confirmations, which we rectified ASAP. We're aware this is an error on our part and we constantly strive to update and improve upon our customer service practices and processes. The team is available on 0800 335 7004, 7 days a week, 8am to 8pm, to answer any questions and deal with any problems. Alternately, there are various methods of reaching ClearSmoke support by email and online.

We're committed to providing high quality products and keeping our customers satisfied and we're confident that many of our Facebook fans would agree we achieve this. We welcome additional comments if you would like to email us at [email protected].

Kind regards,
ClearSmoke Support Team

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
ClearSmoke would like to address some of the issues, problems and complaints posted on this site. Your feedback is very important to us and we strive to ensure all our customers receive great service and most importantly, that they are satisfied with our products.

Therefore, please see below for our responses to some of the issues raised:

Website Security - Rest assured that all of our special offer pages and promotions, as well as the main e-commerce site, use a secure server. We do not pass along your information to any unauthorised partner, and we will not put your data at risk.

Unexpected charges - In the instance of trial promotion offers, all details of charges and billing are outlined throughout the ordering process, and made clear in our Terms & Conditions page as well. The ClearSmoke kit also ships with Terms & Conditions restated, to make sure that the terms of your order are clear.

Refunds - After accepting one of our trial promotion offers, customers have a 15-day trial period in which to evaluate the product and cancel their order. Some customers choose to cancel the order and return the product, but many do not and genuinely benefit from integrating ClearSmoke into their lives in a meaningful way.

Recurring charges - We do not automatically charge customers on a recurring payment basis. Only those customers who choose to enrol in our optional Lounge Program - a monthly VIP benefit program - pay a monthly fee and receive a monthly supply of cartridges, lifetime warranty and other benefits. In order to be enrolled in the Lounge, customers must specifically subscribe to the Lounge offer and use the 'Yes Please!' tab or another active method of confirming their order.

Communication from ClearSmoke - A database glitch occurred in January, leading to problems with email orders and confirmations, which we rectified ASAP. We're aware this is an error on our part and we constantly strive to update and improve upon our customer service practices and processes. The team is available on 0800 335 7004, 7 days a week, 8am to 8pm, to answer any questions and deal with any problems. Alternately, there are various methods of reaching ClearSmoke support by email and online.

We're committed to providing high quality products and keeping our customers satisfied and we're confident that many of our Facebook fans would agree we achieve this. We welcome additional comments if you would like to email us at [email protected].

Kind regards,
ClearSmoke Support Team

It's always good to see a company that responds to people, so fair play :smashin:

Not as good, but the closest you will get

The missus still hasn't gone for this type of thing yet :(

I can't moan though, as I smoke myself and enjoy it.
There.
I've admitted it.
(Anyone else feel like a leper of late, for being a smoker?)

NewfieDrool

Banned
It's always good to see a company that responds to people, so fair play :smashin:

The missus still hasn't gone for this type of thing yet :(

I can't moan though, as I smoke myself and enjoy it.
There.
I've admitted it.
(Anyone else feel like a leper of late, for being a smoker?)

I enjoy it too:smashin:

NewfieDrool

Banned
Not as good, but the closest you will get :smashin:

John...

Well I thought I would try one and see how they go. Interesting as they dont have all the tar stuff in and I am a pretty heavy smoker so I purchased the Screwdriver as that seems to suit me and my habit:smashin:

Vitalija

I've been using a Totally Wicked product for over 2 years now and I can honestly say I haven't wanted even a puff of a real one in all that time. I was staggered how easy it was to give up, and this from a 30 year smoker. They are miraculous in my mind and should be on the NHS if the Gov are serious about people giving up. I currently use the "Tornado" model.

NewfieDrool

Banned
Well the Screwdriver has arrived and I have to say its very good. I thought it might be a gimmick but I was so wrong. The delivery was very quick too:smashin:
I can see myself not buying anymore rolling tabacco and just sticking to this.

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
I've been using a Totally Wicked product for over 2 years now

So does that mean you're addicted to that product, then? ;)

I can see myself not buying anymore rolling tabacco and just sticking to this.

Sounds good :smashin:

I might have to give this sort of thing some serious consideration.
Smoking's just stupidly expensive now.:thumbsdow

NewfieDrool

Banned
So does that mean you're addicted to that product, then? ;)

Sounds good :smashin:

I might have to give this sort of thing some serious consideration.
Smoking's just stupidly expensive now.:thumbsdow

I am finding or my first impression is the eliquid that comes with the SD is a little strong for me in the amount of nicotine content. Nice flavour though, kind of a nut or caramel taste.

I spend around £80 a month so will see if this helps to cut that cost down.

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
Cheers for that.

Please let me know what you think when you've had time to get used to them :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom