Quitening down V+ boxes?

Muchacho1979

Standard Member
I have the Samsung V+ HD, which we got earlier this year.

As mine is in the bedroom, it keeps coming on for some bizarre reason during the middle of the night, when nothing is programmed to record anytime soon (like the next evening) and it being on standby.

Is there any software update or new box which is quieter?

It sometimes wakes me up so I switch it off at the mains. Is it OK to turn the box off at night and let it reboot the following day?

Thanks in advance.

deathtrap3000

Its ok to turn it off at night. Theres no reason this would cause any problems at all.
You have the most recent box which auto updates. The only way you could make it quieter would be to replace the fans and the hard drive to the silent variety. Unfortunately this would break the terms and conditions with virgin media. You could try little rubber feet on the box, although they already have quite chunky bits of rubber on the base.

Mr_Moo

I have the Samsung V+ HD, which we got earlier this year.

As mine is in the bedroom, it keeps coming on for some bizarre reason during the middle of the night, when nothing is programmed to record anytime soon (like the next evening) and it being on standby.

Is there any software update or new box which is quieter?

It sometimes wakes me up so I switch it off at the mains. Is it OK to turn the box off at night and let it reboot the following day?

Thanks in advance.

Ahhh, this used to annoy the hell out of me!

I called Virgin and stressed to them that the interface was very slow and it often froze and took ages to catch up. They replaced it with the newer model. Not sure what it is. Miles better. No big bright lights. Fast. etc.

Muchacho1979

Standard Member
Ahhh, this used to annoy the hell out of me!

I called Virgin and stressed to them that the interface was very slow and it often froze and took ages to catch up. They replaced it with the newer model. Not sure what it is. Miles better. No big bright lights. Fast. etc.

The bit about freezing and catching up sometimes happens to me when I'm playing a recorded programme.

I might try it, if it means they'll send a newer model.

The one I have has a bright blue round button on the right.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom