• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Quite confusing situation with Alexa support on 55oled803?!

La Vita e Bella

Novice Member
Hi,

first of all I'm new here so please be gently with me :D

I'm here because couple of months I read that Philips is announcing that it it will further extends its Smart TV proposition by releasing dedicated Alexa skill and make all its never TV compatible with Amazon Alexa.

Recently I bought 803 model and although Alexa is mentioned in manula I just can't get it to work because there is no client app as mentioned in manula?!? So I'm just curious if anyone managed to get it to work?

in meantime I tried a couple of workarounds to get proper voice control and I managed to get it to work with both Harmony nad RM Pro but unfortunately number of command is a bit limited, you can't for example ask Alexa to switch input to Blu-ray on TV”or switch input to HDMI 1 on TV.

Kind regards,
Teo

Mane UK

I have an older model.
The Alexa app was added with the Oreo update. I think you are waiting for that too, android 8.0.

Edit: just to say I tried to setup alexa but the skill does not seem to be available yet - so I'm still waiting too...

Last edited:

La Vita e Bella

Novice Member
I have an older model.
The Alexa app was added with the Oreo update. I think you are waiting for that too, android 8.0.Edit: just to say I tried to setup alexa but the skill does not seem to be available yet - so I'm still waiting too...
Not so good news but lets hope it will be fully functional once when the Oreo will be available and released for the topline products...

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom