1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quirky problem with JVC LT-17D50BK - Please help

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by geebee, Jul 7, 2005.

1. geebee

geebee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hello

I've purchased this excellent JVC 17" Freeview LCD screen for the bedroom but this is the second one we've had and both of them have the same problem.

As a bit of background, we werent happy with the sound quality so I spent £50 and bought a set of Creative I-Trigue 3200 speakers. Sound quality EXCELLENT to match the brilliant picture.

Now onto the problem....

Every morning at 3am the TV sound comes on - no picture

The I-Trigue speakers are set to switch on automatically whenever an audio signal is present.

A-Ha I thought! - The manual mentions that at 3am the set does an auto upgrade search for it's operating software so I disabled the function.

Problem solved? - No...

The set came on again last night at 3am.

So this is the 3rd night in a row and the bags are getting bigger and the bruises from my other halfs finger poking me in the side are getting blacker.

We're non too impressed!

We could just pull the TV out of the socket every night, but isn't that the point of the standby function :confused:

Can anyone shed any light - hope so! :lease:

Cheers

Gary

2. Andy3

Andy3
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    'Fraid not, Gary - but... we have a JVC LT26DS6B (love it to bits!) and occasionally it makes a 'relay' noise when it is off. It's not a 'plastic cabinet' creaking-type noise, it's definitely a relay going over, almost identical to the sound it makes on switch-on. I'll pay attention and see if it does it at the same time every day! :rolleyes:

3. geebee

geebee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for that Andy

Any dealers out there had returned sets for this kind of thing on IDTV's?

Gary