Quirky "My Theater" problem

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Clint C, Feb 19, 2005.

1. Clint C

Clint C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I remember the last time I installed the "My Theater" program (about 9 months ago) that not soon afterwards I un-installed it because it disabled my ability to alter overlay settings when viewing a DVD via my ATI Radeon 9600. Anyway, I since re-installed it as it's for me the simplest way to control my motorised dish easily but am up against the old "overlay" problem. Also the last time I experimented to see if different (newer or older) Catalyst versions made any difference but they didn't.

Does anyone have a solution or a work around for this? At the moment it's looking like I'm going to have to un-install it again as I'd rather watch overlay adjusted DVDs than watching the looping HD material after hours on Euro1080.

Thanks in advance.
    Clint.

2. beeblebrox12

beeblebrox12

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    MyTheatre by itself doesn't change ay settings for overlay. It might be a a setting with a codec that gets installed with it. Try installing MyTheatre without any codecs.
    I've never noticed a problem similar to yours, although I use extensively MyTheatre and ffdshow and ZoomPlayer.

3. Clint C

Clint C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for that but I have an update on the situation. Yesterday I installed WinDVD6 and when playing DVD's through that I can adjust my overlay settings so panic over. The software I used to use was PowerDVD and it must have something to do with me using (within My Theatre) the XP Cyberlink Graph. I tried PowerDVD again after installing WinDVD and overlay settings are still greyed out so it's WinDVD from now on. I tried using the Intervideo Graph within My Theatre to confirm this theory but it couldn't find the codecs and at this point I can't be bothered to pursue this coz it's taking up valuable movie watching time. Thanks anyway.

Clint.