1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quirky "My Theater" problem

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Clint C, Feb 19, 2005.

1. Clint C

Clint C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I remember the last time I installed the "My Theater" program (about 9 months ago) that not soon afterwards I un-installed it because it disabled my ability to alter overlay settings when viewing a DVD via my ATI Radeon 9600. Anyway, I since re-installed it as it's for me the simplest way to control my motorised dish easily but am up against the old "overlay" problem. Also the last time I experimented to see if different (newer or older) Catalyst versions made any difference but they didn't.

Does anyone have a solution or a work around for this? At the moment it's looking like I'm going to have to un-install it again as I'd rather watch overlay adjusted DVDs than watching the looping HD material after hours on Euro1080.

Thanks in advance.
    Clint.

2. beeblebrox12

beeblebrox12

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    MyTheatre by itself doesn't change ay settings for overlay. It might be a a setting with a codec that gets installed with it. Try installing MyTheatre without any codecs.
    I've never noticed a problem similar to yours, although I use extensively MyTheatre and ffdshow and ZoomPlayer.

3. Clint C

Clint C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for that but I have an update on the situation. Yesterday I installed WinDVD6 and when playing DVD's through that I can adjust my overlay settings so panic over. The software I used to use was PowerDVD and it must have something to do with me using (within My Theatre) the XP Cyberlink Graph. I tried PowerDVD again after installing WinDVD and overlay settings are still greyed out so it's WinDVD from now on. I tried using the Intervideo Graph within My Theatre to confirm this theory but it couldn't find the codecs and at this point I can't be bothered to pursue this coz it's taking up valuable movie watching time. Thanks anyway.

Clint.