1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

quintrix f vs. sr

Discussion in 'TVs' started by bobek, Sep 15, 2004.

1. bobek

bobek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello!

I decided to buy panasonic widescreen 32" TV and since I have heard many times that new technology is not necessarily better than old my question is:
    should I get a panasonic with

quintrix F tube (TX32ps11) or with
    quintrix SR tube but without Acuity (tx32px20)

Is it worth paying 300 euro more for quintrix SR tube? I will be watching 50% analog cable and 50% DVDs and digital satellite.

Thank you!

2. geese

geese

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    My father has a Panasonic with the SR tube....the pictures are much sharper and detailed than he´s past panasonic which only was 2 years old.
    I say go for the SR tube

3. bobek

bobek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice.

I think tx32px20 with quintrix SR is the same as DTX40C but without IDTV. Any expiriences with those two models??

4. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +529
    Bobek,

I think you are right, I seem to recall that the px20 is only available on mainland europe and the UK gets the DTX range instead.

So I am guessing you are not based in England?

5. bobek

bobek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nope!

It took me quite a while to get specs on px20, because there are no english websites about px20, only local panasonic sites. I finally found some info on german panasonic website but I still cannot find any reviews in english about this model. This forum is my only solution, but so far not many readers responded. I guess mostly people from UK are here and they are not familiar with mainland product range.

6. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +529
    Have you had confirmation from Panasonic that the PX range is being released in England?

7. bobek

bobek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No ... PX range is not being released in UK, that is why there are no specs available in english just in languages from local markets where it is for sale.

8. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    can use babel fish to translate german/spanish reviews, sites etc

9. geese

geese

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    I´m gonna get tx32px30 in a month, it also has ACURITY but besides that its the same as px20....either way they are both one of the best televesion´s money can buy.

10. bobek

bobek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hopefully I will be able to agree with you about panasonic being one of the best TVs in a week or two when I get my px20. The price difference between px20 and px30 is almost 350 euro which I think is a bit too much.

I finally found one PX20 displayed in a shop and as I compared it with JVC P37 I was a bit dissapointed about panasonic picture but the salesman assured me, that can be a result of many tvs connected to one antenna source.

11. geese

geese

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Bobek the salesman is right. Trust me the px20 is light years better in PQ.

BTW you will see greater PQ and detail if you buy the one with ACURITY.

You cant go wrong with ACURITY. Any TV with ACURITY is reviewed as top notch.

12. bobek

bobek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I believe you that PQ with ACUITY is better but there are two models available with that technology (PX30 and PD30) in our stores and they are both much more expensive than PX20. Even PX20 costs a lot of money and that is why I posted this question (quintrix SR or quintrix F) to find out if it is worth paying that much more just for quintrix SR, since I can get panasonic tx32ps11 with quintrix F for very good price .... is new quintrix SR technology really better than quintrix F for my usage (analog cable, digital satellite, DVD,Playstation)?

I am not prepared to go beyond the price of PX20, because I can get good 29" 100Hz TV and LCD projector for the same price as panasonic 32PD30.

13. geese

geese

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    yes....and you will notice better PQ with dvd and digital satallite.......I live in Denmark and px30 only cost 150 dollars more than px20........which is in total 1500 dollars.
    if you can afford the px30 then get it........only an advice