1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quintex or js rgb to vga ?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by dartieman, Dec 8, 2004.

1. dartieman

dartieman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, have decided to go for panny 42pw7b or 42pwd7bs i still do not understand the differance between the two, both avaible in silver which is what i want.
    have samsung digibox
    pioneer 626 dvd m/r (no component)
    pioneer vsx-908rds A/V multi channel receiver
    sony slv-se70 vcr
    infinity oreus 5.1 speaker package (fanx for recomend horney d)
    x box
    I'm sure a quintex box will allow me to use all above, but is that the best way,
    would change dvd if js rgb to vga was best, and add component board to panny. Fanx in advance

2. Gussie

Gussie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    dartieman - this is the quandry I'm in.

42pw7b is supplied by Panasonic Consumer

42pwd7bs is supplied by Panasonic Commercial - has some advantages:

1. More comprehensive user picture adjustments
    2. Twin Digitisers to allow more comprehensive mixing of input signals in pip modes
    3. May have better manufacturers warranty inc loan exchange scheme

I'm thinking of the 42pwd7bs from AV-Sales at the offer price £1750 with free SCART module plus additional BNC Component module (£63), Veda stand (£99) additional 4 years warranty (£350) - a tidy sum just over £2200

I was thinking of the JS RGB to VGA box but am worried about not being able to adjust Colour Saturation on the VGA input ! So I'll use the SCART module instead which also gives me S-Video and Composite should I need it.

I'll also be using a Quintrex Scart switcher to allow me to connect multiple RGB/S-Video/Composite sources.

I'll use the Component input for my DVD Player.

The other spanner in the works is that the 42pw7b is now available at several online retailers at under £1650 inc free SCART module!

If only AV-Sales could trim their pricing by another £100 they would get an instant order from me.

As it is - I'll probably sit tight until the new year when pricing will ease a little.

Gussie :)

3. dartieman

dartieman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanx gussie, noticed you have placed order for pwd7bk, am thinking of doing same, would you let me know when you receive it and how you get on with it.
    Cheers paul