1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

QuietPC Power Supply

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by simonp, May 20, 2003.

1. simonp

simonp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not surprisingly they are quiet power supplies that are meant to make your pc perform a lot queiter than regular pc's.

Has anybody got one of these and if so what is your opinion?

2. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,149
    I had a 300W model for a bit. It was very quiet. I swapped it for an enermax in an attempt to solve a video noise problem I was getting with Dscaler. Didn't improve things over the quietPC PSU and it was/is louder.

However I couldn't be bothered swapping them round again and sold on the quietPC PSU...probably not a smart move but I'd had enough of tweaking that week.

3. loonatic

loonatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
  4. jitter

jitter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just bought one of these....

Levicom 350W ATX PSU Blue Fan LED

from here> http://www.aria.co.uk/DisplayProducts.asp?Submit=Search&Category=96

Its so quiet you wouldn't know its on except for the lights. Really pleased with it. Think it's 19db at low loading, which is very quiet. I run mine externally (offboard psu) connected by 25way d connector and I'm using stainless steel overbraid (car kit) to cover the cables & for screening so 1, you lower the pc heat and 2, psu EMF & RFI are removed and it runs so cool it stays at 19db!

www.levicom.de

specs on there..

neil

5. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,114
    I have an ordinary 300w PSU, and all I did was replace the standard 80mm fan that was inside, with a 19db Papst fan fro www.quietpc.com.

It's a standard case fan, and easily replaced. Been running it like that for over a year now, with no ill effects.

HTH

Gary.

6. Loafer316

Loafer316
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've heard good things about the thermaltake psu's (420watts) anyone have one?

@gary :zonked: :suicide:

7. Rob.Screene

Rob.Screene

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    I recently replaced an Enermax whisper 365W with a Zalman 300W and yes, its quieter.

No increase of video noise seen on TheaterTek DVD playback running off the Zalman, which is good, although I've yet to try it with the pb tv-100 capture card and Dscaler.

regards,
    Rob.