quietning a noisy dvd -rw

ianth

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Anyone know of a util to run a 16 speed dvd -rw at say 1 speed for viewing and say 2-4 speed writting. For a quieter htpc

Sounds faulty to me, maybe the time for an upgrade!

It depends on your DVD drive.
there is software to quieten down the Pioneer109 for instance
Something like the NEC3540 is just noisy and there's not a lot you can do to hush it up.
The HP640 (lightscribe) is the quietest DVD drive I've come across - even at full pelt it's whisper quiet. Great drive

If you have nero 6 theres software in that which will slow down your dvd-rw drive and make it more quieter.

Ooo do you know what it's called? :lease: I have Nero6 OEM and a NEC3540 and would like to make that quieter

I used to (2 years ago?) use some SW called 'CDBreak' for doing this... not sure if it still exists though...?

OneEleven said:
Ooo do you know what it's called? :lease: I have Nero6 OEM and a NEC3540 and would like to make that quieter

Start > Nero 6 > Nero toolKit > nero Drive speed.

ianth said:
Hi Guys

Anyone know of a util to run a 16 speed dvd -rw at say 1 speed for viewing and say 2-4 speed writting. For a quieter htpc

I have a NEC 3500 which is noisy when riplock is off. So for DVD playback I use Drive speed with 6x as max. Anything above gets audible.

For writing you just select the wanted speed in Nero.

What drive do you have? Maybe there's firmware for it that will limit playback speed.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom