1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quietest current model LCD?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by linnite, Nov 14, 2004.

1. linnite

linnite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Hi everyone, been watching the forum for a while and have decided to join in. :hiya:

I am about to move up from my Panny AE100 to a current model Hi Def LCD and am considering the usual suspects, AE700, Z3, HS50.

Fan noise is probably my biggest consideration after resolution (which is the same for all the above) as I sit 3 feet under the projector.

Anyone heard all three of the above and able to give a definitive view of which of the three would be the quietest in my setup?

The view across other threads seems to be a tie between the Z3 and the 700, with the HS50 running third. This is not reflected in the specs quoted by the manufacturers.

Any other Hi DEf PJ's I should be considering at my budget of 1500 ish?

2. Kahless725

Kahless725

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can only go from what I have read but I just got a Z3 and one of the considerations was noise as it is used in the bedroom and on a shelf 3 foot above my head. The Z3 had the lowest dB rating of all the projectors I considered (on low lamp), all I can say is that I can hear it but it is quiet and I find I can watch the tv on it with the wife asleep next to me and the sound turned down to a level which will not wake her up, if it had been any louder then this might not of been possible. They all produce noise as they all have fans in them but I think Sanyo's claims of 23dB are correct.

3. Comer

Comer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    Reviews (if they can be trusted) and some members here would suggest that the z3 is the quietest. I have also read that the AE700 is louder in ceiling mode. That is one of the reasons why I went for the Z3. It is very quiet but not silent..there are times hovever when I turn off the sound system and I cannot hear the pj over other background noises, late at night, in the house..so I suppose that is an indication of how quiet it is.