1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quiet projectors(808's not at all bad)

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by NickBull, Dec 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickBull

NickBull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was on a course recently and the tutor was using an ASK A4 projector. It was pretty loud and made me feel that I'm being too picky with my Barco.

Anyone know how the A4 fits in the scheme of things volume wise? HCC say it isn't the quietest or the loudest, so there must be some pretty loud ones about.

I would think that is it's sat on a large, but light coffee table then It would resonate more that if it was on a pile of paving slabs.

I still would like mine to be quieter but it's nice to know that it's the norm rather than the exception!

2. uncle eric

uncle eric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nick,
    Roland mentioned a mod he was looking at to reduce the fan noise. In the mean time, they are both a little quieter and out of your way when they are up on the ceiling. The Barco that is.
    Is this practical for you?

Happy Christmas
    Eric

3. NickBull

NickBull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, the Barco is already dangling precariously above my head! Actually the trouble it took roland to get the fixings into the joists I'd say it's there as long as the house stays up!

It's only really a problem with quiet films when I'm watching late at night when G/F has gone to bed. Once it's cranked up then you can't hear the pj at all.

Cheers and merry Christmas

Nick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.