1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Quiet" Multi-Region Player for £200 - £300?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Jpfahy, Apr 29, 2004.

1. Jpfahy

Jpfahy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I currently have a Yamaha DVD-S540 Player. I paid £150 for this player when it was first released and have had no complaints with picture quality, disc compatability (the remote and GUI needs some improvement though) :blush:

My only big complaint with this player is that it makes such loud noises while playing discs :mad:

I'm now looking for some advice (from all the boffins here :) ) on what would make a good replacement.
    The player needs to be....

Multi region outta the box (or remote hackable)
    Be MP3 / DVD-R compatible
    Silver
    Between £200 - £300
    Be well regarded/reviewed for Pic and Sound Quality
    and most of all QUIET! in operation.

Any tips and/or advice would be much, much appreciated

:lease:

2. macdaddy

macdaddy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I've just installed the Azur 540D (Cambridge Audio) It's multi region and exceptionally quiet compared to my Pioneer that it replaced. It's got fantastic reviews. I think it'll play most discs but I'm not 100%.

No doubt the reviews will tell you.

£249 from Richer Sounds.

3. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,237
    Get yourself the new Harman Kardon DVD22, very sleek, very quiet and a fantastic picture too.

4. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,222
    540D will play -r and +r and usually quite happy with -RW as well. It is totally Multi Region out of the box- I've yet to find a disc that wrong foots it. The Magazines have reviewed it well and picture quality is better than my Pioneer 656 (banished upstairs). Also given the minor slip up that it was released to the press at £230, RS staff can normally be bullied into doing it at this price as well.

5. Jpfahy

Jpfahy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thx for the advice guys :)

I will be looking up these two players and trying to decide between the two :confused: