Quiet 60mm fans?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by ian_guinan, Jul 27, 2003.

1. ian_guinan

ian_guinan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I'm looking for a quiet 60x60x25mm fan to replace the Papst 612NGL that has just gone on the blink from my Sky+ box. I'm hoping to have the fan run 24/7 but slowed down by a Fanmate and so a 3pin fan connector would be ideal.

Does anyone know where I can source one, or have any suggestions for other alernatives. I've seen that www.kustompcs.co.uk have them but with 4 pin power type connectors so no good for the Fanmate.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Ian Guinan

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Probably not possible to mod the fan to 5/7v in a digibox - pity that :( Hence you're using a fanmate.

Try the usual places - ocuk, tekheads, theoverclockingstore - heaps more TBH.

Will keep an eye out while browsing - let you know if I come accross one....

3. Peter Parker

Peter Parker
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,759
    RS do quite a selection of fans too. Not sure on their prices or delivery costs though.

Gary.

4. ian_guinan

ian_guinan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Thanks Guys. Will try some of the overclocking stores. The Papst fan originally fitted is 12V and only 16db so is a good choice..problem is I can't seem to find one with the right connector..can you get the little 3 pin sockets that go onto the Fanmate/motherboard pins and fit them yourself?

Otherwise I'm open to suggestions for other quiet 60mm fans.

Thanks,

Ian Guinan

5. rhinoman

rhinoman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Theoverclockingstore has ceased trading, something along the lines of losing some key staff and not being able to cope.