Quiet 32"-37" LCD recommendations

russ_h

Standard Member
Hello,

I've currently got a Sharp 30 LCD. I use this mostly for Sky TV, and an occasional DVD. The picture is OK, but the fan noise is very annoying.

Could anyone recommend a bigger screen, say 32 - 37 inches, that is as quiet as possible? I'm not tied to any particular make.

Many thanks,

Russ

ChrisGgr

Noise?Usually LCD's doesnt make noise,except if the set has buzzying!!So you dont need to worry about this.Tell more about it(budget,does it have to be 1080p,viewing distance?)

russ_h

Standard Member
Hello,

Thanks for the response.

Viewing distance is normally about 10 to 12 feet (just over 3 metres).

I may use Sky HD in the future, but at the moment I just use the normal service. I don't know if 1080p is relevant to my needs, but I wouldn't mind buying something now that will cope with future developments. I watch an occasional DVD.

Budget? Hmmm! Up to £1000 say, but I could be flexible.

Most importantly, I would like a unit that is quiet: both the screen and the box of electronics. I may be more sensitive than most people to this, but I find fan noise to be very annoying.

All the best,

Russ

russ_h

Standard Member
Hello chocky909,

It's an Aquos LC-30HV4E. It might not have a fan, but it sounds like fan noise to me.

Russ

russ_h

Standard Member
Hello Again,

I've just done a search, and found this message on this forum:

I have a Sharp 30" LCD tv (LC-30HV2M) and am disturbed by the noise of the cooling fan in the monitor. Is it possible to replace this fan with a quieter one? Would I be seriously stupid to disconnect it?

Now that I've noticed it, the noise of the fan is driving me mad.

Thanks.

So I'm not the only person who has noticed this.

Russ

ChrisGgr

Hello,

Thanks for the response.

Viewing distance is normally about 10 to 12 feet (just over 3 metres).

I may use Sky HD in the future, but at the moment I just use the normal service. I don't know if 1080p is relevant to my needs, but I wouldn't mind buying something now that will cope with future developments. I watch an occasional DVD.

Budget? Hmmm! Up to £1000 say, but I could be flexible.

Most importantly, I would like a unit that is quiet: both the screen and the box of electronics. I may be more sensitive than most people to this, but I find fan noise to be very annoying.

All the best,

Russ

So at this budget you can get something really good.So the best size is 40"-42".So I will suggest you some and you will go to store and decide

720p

Sony KDL-40D3000

1080p

Sony KDL-40V3000(In a month)
Samsung LE-40M87
Toshiba 42X3030

russ_h

Standard Member
Hello bosque,

The only reply to the post from bails was to confirm that the Sharp 37" suffered from the same problem.

I'm glad to hear that this seems to be a problem from the past. I'll have a look at some of the suggestions that posters have made.

Many thanks,

Russ

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED EVO Review (OLED65G1)
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom