• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

quidco and virginmedia

HouseTonyStark

Prominent Member
just saw that quidco are offering 160 cashback for essential collection with VM, debating getting it, but wondering if i will mess things up by applying the line rental saver?

also, are people still finding quidco to be ok? i bought house insurance 6 months ago, and its only just tracked last week?

nheather

Distinguished Member
Quidco and TopCashBack are fine - both pretty similar. I use TCB because there is no annual fee, rates are very slightly higher and if you take payment as Amazon vouchers then you get an extra 5%.

With both of them, it is the merchants that are variable.

The first thing is to make sure there is no issue on your side that could stop it tracking. Some say use a sepearte browser, some say clear out your cookies, some say do the tracking test first - all valid suggestions, though I don't usually bother with any, though I might for a big transaction.

Tracking should be pretty quick - from instant to a day or so. There is no reason why it should be longer.

Most of my cashback problems are not to do with tracking though. They are either

(i) Tracks but never goes any further
(ii) Gets confirmed but at a lower amount (that can't be explained by just excluding the VAT)
(iii) Gets confirmed but at ZERO

Most of my fails have been type (iii). It can get quite frustrating because the merchant is effectively saying, it tracked, we confirmed it but we aren't paying and we are not going to tell you why.

When they track but fail, neither Quidco nor TCB are particularly helpful at resolving the problem.

I like to think of cashback as a bonus, accepting that it might not turn up.

Cheers,

Nigel

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom