Quickscoping - Myth or Fact?

Det

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
I stumbled across this earlier today and couldn't find a definitive answer. I know I've had kills that have appeared to be quickscoped but in actuality it may have just been hardscoped at the time of fire.

"Sleight of Hand Pro affects ADSTransInTime and ADSTransOutTime.

When the player transitions to ADS, the weapon will keep the hip spread until it has completely sighted the weapon.
The crosshair closing in is but a visual effect, the player's spread does not improve (at all, let alone gradually) while sighting, only until fully sighted. "

Then:

"A Killcam/Spectator glitch cuts out a few frames, so quickscoping in the Killcam looks like they didn't fully zoom in, although they did. "

Opinions? Tests to confirm or deny? Detrimental2u is a nonsensical ass?

Opinions? Tests to confirm or deny? Detrimental2u is a nonsensical ass?

ok, i cant really make much sense of that but i will give you an opinion - I like the research you do on the game code etc that lets us know guns capability and stuff but this may be a little to far :D

ok, i cant really make much sense of that but i will give you an opinion - I like the research you do on the game code etc that lets us know guns capability and stuff but this may be a little to far :D
That's why I'm asking for other people's opinions and/or research on it.

I thought quickscoping was just a known fact and skilled snipers used it frequently. But if there is information which can prove otherwise I'd like to know.

Are you talking about a quick click on the ADS trigger and it auto-aiming at a target? Before completely sighting an opponent?

That's why I'm asking for other people's opinions and/or research on it.

I thought quickscoping was just a known fact and skilled snipers used it frequently. But if there is information which can prove otherwise I'd like to know.

If you look on youtube for quickscoping tutorials you will find that you have to ADS until the crosshairs just appear, otherwise it's a noscope and much less accurate. The killcam certainly does show this as less. When I first started practicing i would wait to see the crosshairs and shoot. This is quick but still technically a hardsope. As I got better my reactions became quicker and I don't actually see the crosshairs in the scope as it all happens so fast but you are ADS for the accuracy. I know these are not being noscoped because I'm getting the kill, have you ever tried it noscoping it's ridiculously hard even with steady aim (which I don't use as i use Nija), Try in a private match with a mate standing still about 20 relative feet away. You'll probably hit 1 in 10 if you're lucky.

So I think quickscoping is fact, or at least as factual as it can be seeing as it was a name made up for a technique where you ADS and fire all in one fluid motion.

If you look on youtube for quickscoping tutorials you will find that you have to ADS until the crosshairs just appear, otherwise it's a noscope and much less accurate. The killcam certainly does show this as less. When I first started practicing i would wait to see the crosshairs and shoot. This is quick but still technically a hardsope. As I got better my reactions became quicker and I don't actually see the crosshairs in the scope as it all happens so fast but you are ADS for the accuracy. I know these are not being noscoped because I'm getting the kill, have you ever tried it noscoping it's ridiculously hard even with steady aim (which I don't use as i use Nija), Try in a private match with a mate standing still about 20 relative feet away. You'll probably hit 1 in 10 if you're lucky.

So I think quickscoping is fact, or at least as factual as it can be seeing as it was a name made up for a technique where you ADS and fire all in one fluid motion.
So there is a moment when the crosshairs appear before the full scope animation is rendered is what you're saying?

If that were the case, it would still be hardscoping but essentially true to quickscoping since it is not fully sighted.

Good to know.

So there is a moment when the crosshairs appear before the full scope animation is rendered is what you're saying?

If that were the case, it would still be hardscoping but essentially true to quickscoping since it is not fully sighted.

Good to know.

I suppose but your trying to argue against something that's not really factual? To be a quickscope your sights have to be up for less than a second any more than that and it's a hardscope. AFAIK as I said these are just made up names for techniques used in a video game. I'm sure if you spoke to an army sniper about quickscoping he wouldn't have a clue what you were talking about :rolleyes:

There's the aim assist thing you get on assault rifles, SMGs, etc. so maybe the quick scoping thing sorta exploits this (ie. start to bring the sight up while you're almost aiming at someone but not actually engaging it makes your aim "snap" to the target - similar to the wobble technique demonstrated on cod4 a while back).

Or maybe we've all just got too much spare time on our hands.

I suppose but your trying to argue against something that's not really factual? To be a quickscope your sights have to be up for less than a second any more than that and it's a hardscope. AFAIK as I said these are just made up names for techniques used in a video game. I'm sure if you spoke to an army sniper about quickscoping he wouldn't have a clue what you were talking about :rolleyes:

Carlos Hathcock would have known how to quickscope.

I am an expert marksman with the M16A2 (3 times qualifying in the Air Force)... and I can attest to this game being less than real in a lot of ways.

The .50 Cal would not just be held in a standing position like that.

I am an expert marksman with the M16A2 (3 times qualifying in the Air Force)

How did you get to shoot your M16 from the cockpit? Did you have to open the window?

Carlos Hathcock would have known how to quickscope.

I am an expert marksman with the M16A2 (3 times qualifying in the Air Force)... and I can attest to this game being less than real in a lot of ways.

The .50 Cal would not just be held in a standing position like that.

No he wouldn't! as it only exists in a game :facepalm: and he died in 1999 before the days of COD 4/MW2.

Who said this game was anything like reality, in fact i thought i pointed out the opposite as an army sniper wouldn't be running into CQC situation with his sniper rifle :suicide:

Blimey the Intervention weighs 31LB without scope and yet MW2 has it as the same mobility as an SMG :rolleyes:

I think you really should stop playing this game as it doesn't seem healthy to you. You seem to see real life and a video game as one and the same. If you want to continue with it I would suggest you just play it as a GAME and stop analysing every aspect of it.

No he wouldn't! as it only exists in a game :facepalm: and he died in 1999 before the days of COD 4/MW2.

Who said this game was anything like reality, in fact i thought i pointed out the opposite as an army sniper wouldn't be running into CQC situation with his sniper rifle :suicide:

Blimey the Intervention weighs 31LB without scope and yet MW2 has it as the same mobility as an SMG :rolleyes:

I think you really should stop playing this game as it doesn't seem healthy to you. You seem to see real life and a video game as one and the same. If you want to continue with it I would suggest you just play it as a GAME and stop analysing every aspect of it.
I was agreeing with you dude. And was generally pointing out how badass Hathcock was in a lighthearted manner.

I think you really should stop taking every word seriously as it doesn't seem healthy to you. You seem to project joking and serious tones as one and the same. If you want to continue with it I would suggest you take things with a grain of SALT and stop analysing every aspect of it.

Perhaps I should have put a smiley face at the end of my hathcock reference?

Last edited:
Detrimental2u said:
I was agreeing with you dude. And was generally pointing out how badass Hathcock was in a lighthearted manner.

I think you really should stop taking every word seriously as it doesn't seem healthy to you. You seem to project joking and serious tones as one and the same. If you want to continue with it I would suggest you take things with a grain of SALT and stop analysing every aspect of it.

I wasn't joking in anything I said and was serious so to you and most other people the tones would come across as one and the same because they were. Also can you refer me to where in any of my posts where I analysed anything? I was just answering/commenting on your post as requested. In fact I am absolutely baffled by that comment as a lot of your posts have some sort of statistical analysis within them.

Regarding your comment about Hathcock perhaps putting :D after it would have shown you to be joking? However from the tone in most of your posts that I have read I seriously doubt you were joking. Just my opinion of course, which I'm sure you will appreciate as you seem to have an opinion on everything :rolleyes:

I wasn't joking in anything I said and was serious so to you and most other people the tones would come across as one and the same because they were. Also can you refer me to where in any of my posts where I analysed anything? I was just answering/commenting on your post as requested. In fact I am absolutely baffled by that comment as a lot of your posts have some sort of statistical analysis within them.

Regarding your comment about Hathcock perhaps putting :D after it would have shown you to be joking? However from the tone in most of your posts that I have read I seriously doubt you were joking. Just my opinion of course, which I'm sure you will appreciate as you seem to have an opinion on everything :rolleyes:
I do have an opinion on much and I do analyze data and facts. Not only for my benefit though. I've been using the UMP45 since level 1 and play with the setups I like... the data backed up my using it after I did the research.

When reciting the Carlos Hathcock reference in my head it sounded more jokingly than when I put it on paper. Once I read it again after reading your response I could see where you thought I was serious, but still, you seem to get annoyed easily (I've seen other posts:mad: of yours). I hope your blood pressure is in check.

Most of the data I post is in response to people asking questions, so I try to help them out. I've also tried to help out by posting run/gun or snipe/camp tips which garnered little response so I quit doing it.:rolleyes:

However, I thought this was a MW2 forum where we could discuss things and help each other out. I don't see as anything I'm doing is beyond that. I don't moan about the game, the players, etc. I try to help others on here. :lesson:

I think you need a time out, take a breather, chill pill :cool:, then come back and realize this is a forum for people to be right/wrong/fools/brainiacs/whatever they want to be regarding this game. :eek:

Also regarding your analysis of anything... take a look at the post you just posted where you "seriously doubt blah blah blah"... I didn't even have to go back through older posts. The ol plank in the eye :smashin:

Detrimental2u said:
I do have an opinion on much and I do analyze data and facts. Not only for my benefit though. I've been using the UMP45 since level 1 and play with the setups I like... the data backed up my using it after I did the research.

When reciting the Carlos Hathcock reference in my head it sounded more jokingly than when I put it on paper. Once I read it again after reading your response I could see where you thought I was serious, but still, you seem to get annoyed easily (I've seen other posts:mad: of yours). I hope your blood pressure is in check.

Most of the data I post is in response to people asking questions, so I try to help them out. I've also tried to help out by posting run/gun or snipe/camp tips which garnered little response so I quit doing it.:rolleyes:

However, I thought this was a MW2 forum where we could discuss things and help each other out. I don't see as anything I'm doing is beyond that. I don't moan about the game, the players, etc. I try to help others on here. :lesson:

I think you need a time out, take a breather, chill pill :cool:, then come back and realize this is a forum for people to be right/wrong/fools/brainiacs/whatever they want to be regarding this game. :eek:

Also regarding your analysis of anything... take a look at the post you just posted where you "seriously doubt blah blah blah"... I didn't even have to go back through older posts. The ol plank in the eye :smashin:

Looking at my previous posts as you did as to where you think i get annoyed easily, did you see a pattern? I'm just having my blood pressure checked now. I will post the results up shortly for your analysis :smashin:

yHWA4oxH8m21m83iKdR3V7hCo1_400.jpg

lol cats lol? it is but a game chaps/chapesses

Looking at my previous posts as you did as to where you think i get annoyed easily, did you see a pattern? I'm just having my blood pressure checked now. I will post the results up shortly for your analysis :smashin:
By the way did you get my whole rewording of your paragraph as funny at all? Cause I was cracking up just switching around words to keep the same general structure of it :rotfl:

Detrimental2u said:
By the way did you get my whole rewording of your paragraph as funny at all? Cause I was cracking up just switching around words to keep the same general structure of it :rotfl:

Of course I did as I know what I wrote :rolleyes: but the shine of your achievement has been lost a bit because you felt the need to point it out :rolleyes:

Of course I did as I know what I wrote :rolleyes: but the shine of your achievement has been lost a bit because you felt the need to point it out :rolleyes:
:beer:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom