Quick wordpress question

=adrian=

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm ready to rip my hair out.

How do I change the size of images being displayed in lightbox? I cannot see the option anywhere and for some reason Wordpress shows smaller size (and badly compressed) version of the image when I click on it.

Here is what happens. I have some images in blog post. They are posted in gallery. I then click on one of the photos, it opens in a lightbox (I have a "Responsive Lightbox and Gallery" plugin installed for it to happen, otherwise photos open in a browser tab). All well, except that it opens a smaller version of the photo which is blurred due to compression. I want to change it so that it will show full size version when clicked on.

Any ideas?

I found a workaround. When I post images in a "gallery" then the lightbox shows me each image small and compressed, but when I post each image as a separate image, then when I click on it, it shows me full size image. Not ideal with many images though

Have you tried linking to the image files from the thumbnails to see if it establishes a link to them? Also, it could be a setting in lightbox, have you looked at the settings?

I found a workaround. When I post images in a "gallery" then the lightbox shows me each image small and compressed, but when I post each image as a separate image, then when I click on it, it shows me full size image. Not ideal with many images though

Yeah, sometimes it can be better to do it manually rather than rely on Plugins.

Have you tried linking to the image files from the thumbnails to see if it establishes a link to them? Also, it could be a setting in lightbox, have you looked at the settings?

Yes, it links to the image no problem. I have looked in lightbox plugin settings and also in Wordpress settings, but cannot see any way to change the display size.

Yeah, sometimes it can be better to do it manually rather than rely on Plugins.

Unfortunately Wordpress doesn't have a lightbox. If lightbox plugin is not enabled, clicking on an image opens it in a blank tab. That's why I need to rely on a 3rd party plugin. Not ideal, I know.

Does your theme have a Portfolio? That works really well. Limited number of projects though.

I've also used Carousel Without Jetpack in the past, but it may not be suitable if you need blank tabs.

Does your theme have a Portfolio? That works really well. Limited number of projects though.

I've also used Carousel Without Jetpack in the past, but it may not be suitable if you need blank tabs.
It does, though I have never really tried the portfolios. I only post images there, no other media.

I'll have a look at the plugin. Thanks :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom