Quick wireless internet question

Dado Prso

Standard Member
good evening chaps..

i am looking at getting a PS3 in the near future and am wondering how the wireless connections are. If the router was to be a few rooms away from the PS3, would this mean a low connection and therefore laggy online play and poor download speeds of demos, extra content etc?

thanks for any help on this :thumbsup:

SNICK

The wireless connection is the machines achilles heal :( I'd strongly suggest a 'wired' option, or getting some homeplugs, which are truely fab :thumbsup:

W

Welerongorgo

I haven't had any problems using a wireless connection. My connection is wired which I prefer but I've used my ps3 to wirelessly connect to the internet at a couple of different friends houses and Haven't had any problems with the connection. No lag or slow downloads at all.

Dado Prso

Standard Member
when you were using wireless connection at your friends welerongorgo was it close to the router?

think i'll probably end up going wired tbh

JonJ

I've also found the PS3 wireless connection to be pretty good. My router is a Belkin Pre-N, so it has a pretty powerful signal output, but it is at the other end of my house and the PS3 works well at 49% connection strength. I've noticed that Resistance FOM has no signs of lack so far on the games I've played online.

That said, I tried the PS3 wired and it was faster - no surprise there.

Considering the PS3 has no external antenna it seems to do a pretty good job of keeping a connection IMHO.

winstano

I've had no problems via wireless.. Although the router and PS3 are practically next to each other in my home setup, and at uni the PS3 is in the room above the router...

Thinking about wiring it up when I get back home... Is it worth it? I've had no lag at all during RFOM, no issues with the stores downloads either...

W

Welerongorgo

when you were using wireless connection at your friends welerongorgo was it close to the router?

Reasonably close to the router. Although to be fair, their houses aren't exactly mansions so you wouldn't be too for from the router regardless of where it was in the house.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom