1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick Toshiba 42 Inch Wall Bracket question ..

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by foxmeister, Oct 1, 2002.

1. foxmeister

foxmeister

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Eventually ordered the Toshiba 42WP16E (Richer Sounds Offer) and I am wanting to order the wall bracket (non-tilt).
    I have read numerous times that this screen is a Panasonic 'clone' but would I be right in saying that the Panasonic wall bracket would be suitable ??
    Also if anyone has found this bracket fairly cheap and available now I would appreciate your responses ...

2. toonarmy

toonarmy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    The cheapest I could get the Panny bracket (TY-WK42PV1) for was £217.00 plus £10.00 postage from Empire Direct.
    Most shops were wanting £350.00 for it.
    Does it not say in the operating instructions about which bracket to use.
    Regards
    Toonarmy

3. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    why dont you go for the unicol bracket very slim i paid £135.00 from nexnix, mine is not the tilting one though i think the panasonics mount is over priced

4. codlord

codlord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yes, the panny bracket is fine with the toshiba plasma (this is what I have).

The panny bracket is a bit overpriced, I looked at the unicol one but it was a bit deeper than the panny so the plasma would be away from the wall by a bit more - in the end I just went for the offical panny bracket.