Quick Tosh 36ZP48 question

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by kmm, Feb 27, 2005.

1. kmm

kmm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +374
    Finally got my Toshiba 36ZP48 up and running. Got myself a Pioneer 575 DVDplayer and connected it to my TV using IXOS 804 cables.

I have selected Progressive as the output method on the DVD player menu, but I was just wondering if I have to set anything in the TV menu to tell it that the signal on EXT4 is progressive or does it know this automatically and display it accordingly.

I have to say, I am extremely pleased with the picture quality. It blows my old Sony away, and I was always a big Sony fan.

Thanks,
    Kevin.

2. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi, I have the 32ZP48 and the video processing is identical. You have to select progressive scan mode on the remote - the tv cannot select this mode automatically. Regards, yt.

3. TheBaron

TheBaron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I don't remember setting anything in mine :) , I could never get on with Sony's though . :thumbsdow

I've got to get mine off the stand, and onto some units in the corner, orders of Mrs Baron, thought I'd got away with it :(

4. kmm

kmm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +374
    OK, without me having to go read the (flimsy) manual. Which button do I use on the remote to select this ?

Do I have to do this every time a play a DVD or once I set it will it be set-up to view EXT4 as progerssive all the time ?

Thanks,
    Kevin.

5. kmm

kmm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +374
    Actually, my wife much prefers the Tosbiba on its stand over my previous 32" Sony plus stand, as even though it is a larger screen, it is not as deep (thanks to the wonderful PF3 tecnologhy) and sits further back into the alcove where it is located.

Not only is the picture superb, the actual TV looks the business too.

Very pleased.

Kevin.

6. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi, I'm afraid I'm at work and so don't have access to my remote ! - You are setting the scan mode for the tv set - not for a particular external input, ie, if you switch the set to progressive scan mode than it will be in that mode for ANY input you care to watch. We leave ours 'Natural' scan mode, we find everything looks really nice. Refer to page 14 of your manual. Regards, yt.

7. TheBaron

TheBaron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Yup, just checked mine :oops: , had set to 100htz , now on progressive, makes DVDs better, going to have to have a little play now to get the best balance. :)

8. TheBaron

TheBaron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8

I have to move it from the middle of a flat wall where all the speakers are nicely situated in corners around it into an alcove on units that can hide all those 'ugly' silver boxes and mass of wires :( , and I'll have a problem placing the speakers relative to the seating. She likes the picture though :)

9. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Don't forget you can pass the wires up the centre of the Toshiba Prostands if that makes things look a little tidier ? Regards, yt.

10. TheBaron

TheBaron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8

thanks, the speaker wires run neatly under the carpet round the edge of the room , it's all the interconnecters that are not so neat. toshiba could have designed a vertical 'tube' arrangement instead of the wood/metal rear support that interconnectors wires could have been hidden in :) .

Now the dvd/freeview/video will be in a tapley unit with the tv on top.

:cool: