Quick Timer on Sony RDR HXD

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by icarusi, Jan 3, 2007.

Tags:
  1. icarusi

icarusi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I couldn't get the 'Quick Timer' function to work on my Sony RDR HXD560, then noticed in the manual 'TV Direct Rec' needs to be set to 'off', in setup/recording for this to work. I tried that but 'TV Direct Rec' still works and 'Quick Timer' doesn't. Do any/all of the other HDR HXD machines have this problem?

Also the recording modes seem to be mis-reported in the DVD title list when dubbing from HD, ditto DVDs originated on a Philips recorder, although the files themselves seem to be appropriately sized when copied from the DVD via DVD decrypter. Ditto re other HDR HXD machines?

2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,547
    The RDR-HXD860 is the same...I wouldn't call it a problem...it's just the way it's designed.

3. icarusi

icarusi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I'll accept the either/or nature of the 'quick timer' vs the 'TV Direct Record' may be classed as a 'quirk', although why both features can't permanently reside without having to opt for one or the other I don't understand.

The fact that the manual states I can select which feature to have, but the machine refuses to heed those stated instructions, I class as a *fault*, even if it's a design fault, software problem etc. common to the entire Sony RDR range.

Any pointers to possible/probable firmware upgrades?

4. garyhun

garyhun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Apart from this whats the unit like? I'm thinking of getting a 560 or 860 so interested in a user view!