quick: the cdwow £1.50 off link is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorshin

Ex Member
Reaction score
[link deleted by moderator after request by cd-wow]

:hiya: :laugh: :clap: :thumbsup:

Are you trying to get banned? It's been well publicised here that the link is not meant to be made public.

If I were you I'd delete it yourself before you get into trouble with the mods.

:lesson:

What's wrong with saving people money? :mad:

:confused:

they aint the thought police :clap:

lets just save money and have funs :lesson:

i don't see why you choose to abuse the forums and not delete your post. if anyone desperately wanted the link they can find it themselves by other means easily enough, eg searching for 1.50 off in google

Gorshin said:

I'm with Gorshin on this.

CD Wow have said they dont like it, but its no illegal to post a link to a discount. What gives them the right to dictate what goes on our forums.

There is alot of things I dont like but have to tolerate.

I found the link by searching on google, but respect to Gorshin for posting.

I posted a thread when it was allowed and it got 1000's of views and no doubt CD WOW hundreds of sales.

Scooby

Lets get everyone discounted-up :clap:

Whats the harm in that? :lesson:

And besides, all members will appreciate it. Who cares about what the moderators think,and cdwow for that matter. :boring:

All that matters is that people get cheaper dvds. :smashin:

Gorshin said:
Lets get everyone discounted-up

Whats the harm in that?

And besides, all members will appreciate it. Who cares about what the moderators think,and cdwow for that matter.

All that matters is that people get cheaper dvds.

Not a very enlightened attitude...

The harm comes when cd-wow stop doing their discounts because they have been so openly abused... all members will not appreciate that! :lesson:

Lex: what a noob you are! All those dvds and no Hitchcock ????? WTF?

Get yourself an education :laugh:

ever heard of vertigo or psycho, north by northwest????? :lesson:

You weren't planning on staying around here were you?

Lex said:
Not a very enlightened attitude...

The harm comes when cd-wow stop doing their discounts because they have been so openly abused... all members will not appreciate that! :lesson:

Whats the point of a discount if nobody can find the link. If every site took this atitude we wouldnt find the discounts anyway. Its like its OK to go to a message board or news group that upsets CD-WOW but not here almost a 'not in my back yard" atitude.

What do yuo mean by that? :confused:

He should stay around as he has contributed to the board.

Do you know, i wouldn't mind so much about the link being up as it has...sorry 'had' been here for months. I happen to think that all this free advertising has helped CDWOW to become as succesful as they are.
The problem is the egotistical idiots who have to show everyone how clever they are by boasting about the great deal they got by using double vouchers etc. No-one cares! We all know how to use the links/vouchers and we all choose whether to use it wisely or abuse it. I personally however do not care if some cleverdick got a dvd for £1.49 etc...so what?
Why do people feel the need to tell all and sundry about it? It really isn't that interesting. Now someone who has genuinely found a damn good bargain should feel a little smug as they share it with the forum but someone who has just typed in a few voucher numbers...should not!

As for caring what the mods think, they have been asked to prevent posting of the link by CDWOW. I would assume that if this stupidity continues then CDWOW will lose the sponsorship deals they have and stop doing the links.

What do yuo mean by that was aimed at Lex's last post

Just trying to save people money Whats wrong with that???????

Pardon my ignorance (well, I am over 40), but I don't understand why CD-Wow put up these discount pages and then appear to wish to stop people accessing them.

What am I missing here? :confused:

and....not everyone knows about the link either. I'm just helping to provide a public service :)

ScoobyZ said:
Whats the point of a discount if nobody can find the link. If every site took this atitude we wouldnt find the discounts anyway.

Those discount links are not for the general public - they are promotional discounts designed for use by certain company employees only...

Who cares?

So then Lex, you never use the £1.50 off link then?

Lex said:
Those discount links are not for the general public - they are promotional discounts designed for use by certain company employees only...

So do we assume you don't use them as they are for certain company employees ????

suzywong said:
Pardon my ignorance (well, I am over 40), but I don't understand why CD-Wow put up these discount pages and then appear to wish to stop people accessing them.

What am I missing here? :confused:

The problem is that the links get abused. They are meant for affiliate sites as a sponsorship link but i'm sure CDWOW don't mind them being used by all as the cost goes to their sponsors anyway. Many people often combine this with a discount voucher too, which is fair enough. Unfortunately though some people are not happy to save £1.50-£2.50 so they use a second voucher or leave the page open and re-use the firat one agin. No-one covers this cost and so CDWOW inevitably lose money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom