1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

quick sub question!

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Sly, Jun 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sly

Sly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    should i buy ian j's svs pb-10 @ £290 in horrid grey and cancel my xls200 that i have ordered in nice black?
    need advice.....

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Would you like my advice on this one :D

The above are Kazman's comments when PB-10 met XLS200 in a head to head and the only performance positives on the BK side were that Kazman thought that the BK was a "little bit tighter, and a tiny bit faster than the PB10". I didn't say so at the time but I actually disagreed on this point as I think that the SVS has speed and agility in droves.

They are two completely different beasts and they are manufactured for two completely different markets. The BK is compact and manufactured to compete in the market where a little extra depth is required and where the sub has to co-exist with domestic surroundings but the SVS is more about ultimate performance with no compromises made to domestic harmony.

They are chalk and cheese and it depends on where your priorities lie but Scott3 also came along on that Sunday afternoon in March and he never posted his thoughts at all so why not ask him.

I only bought the PB-10 to see what the fuss was about and now I am thinking of trying something else out that's a little further up the SVS food chain but living in a modern house I don't have room to store all of these subwoofers so the PB-10 needs to go before I can get something else in for a closer look.

3. Sly

Sly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    my room is quite small at about 12 foot square and i live in a terraced house would i be able to use such a large sub?

4. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    In all honesty I don't think that you would get the full benefit of it unless the neighbours were out. Anything approaching reference level would be strictly off limits unless you wanted to be served with an ASBO :D

You're more than welcome to come and have a look / listen and make your own mind up.

5. Sly

Sly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    dunno what to do , aarrrggg!!
    :s

6. Nimby

Nimby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Headphones? :devil:

7. Sly

Sly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    thanks for the offer of a demo ian , but after reading your comments i think that the smaller sub is probably the better bet in my modest room.
    (although i would have liked to see your svs tube!!!)
    sorry for any inconvenience caused.

8. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    In your circumstances I think that you are probably right to go for the BK and as your question seems to have been answered to your satisfaction I will now close this thread as I would hate to accidentally break any of the trading rules that I am supposed to help enforce, although I am sure that there are many here who would love to see me do just that :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.