• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Quick SD Question

Steve N

Distinguished Member
My new Nikon uses SD or SDHC memory cards.
I keep seeing MiniSD cards for sale.

Is this a term for ordinary SD or are they something different.
Can I use them in my Nikon?

T

thegorilla

Mini SD are essentially the same, but physically smaller and you should be able to use them as long as you use an adapter, usually supplied with the mini SD card.

beachy

generally mini sd cards are used for camera phones and other small media, they are normally a bit more expensive than normal sd cards, i can't see any benefit in using them on your camera if you need an adaptor.

Steve N

Distinguished Member
generally mini sd cards are used for camera phones and other small media, they are normally a bit more expensive than normal sd cards, i can't see any benefit in using them on your camera if you need an adaptor.

I think you are right, I'll stick to the normal cards.
I just thought I'd better check out what they were to prevent any future cockups.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom