Quick question

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by SHare, Jan 29, 2009.

1. SHare

Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a set of Aego M's but should have a new receiver (yamaha DSP-AX761) arriving in the next day or two and would like to keep using the Aego's if possible til I get money for something more suitable. Does anyone here know the ohm rating of the Aego's and if it would be ok to use them with this amp?

Cheers

2. ChrisAV

ChrisAV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +110
    Couldn't find the rating for Aego M's, but T's seem to be 8 Ohm, I'd surprised if M's were significantly different. Anyway, the 761 should be able to cope with anything down to to 4 Ohm. Just go easy on the volume.

Chris

3. SHare

Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like I'm going to need some cable. Am I right in thinking I need to plug it all into the preouts? The cable with the Aego's is 2 rca and the other end has a black rca plug and bare red and white wires and I have no idea what thats meant to be for :rolleyes:

4. Stoatman

Stoatman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    I dont think i am 100 % sure what you are trying to do. Are you trying to use the aego M 2.1 speaker system by attaching it all - subwoofer included- to your new reciever/amp ?

5. SHare

Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had read on a couple of places that you could use the preouts to connect up the sub and speakers but the cable it provides for doing it doesn't appear to be what I need so I'm beginning to wonder. Failing that I'll just use the speakers on their own.

<edit>
    No matter, I had a couple of coffee's then overcame my own idiocy. I just had to dig through my big box of random cables and find some straightforward RCA cables.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009