Quick question....

J

jas53

Hi guys - newbie here so apologies if this is a stoopid question :rolleyes:

I'm currently looking to buy a new 28" widescreen TV and, further down the line, upgrade to full surround sound. Now, most of the TV's I'm looking at have virtual dolby, or some variation on this depending on the brand. If I buy one with the virtual dolby, will this have any detrimental effect when I come to install the surround sound later? I guess what I mean is, will the surround speakers/amp/etc 'override' the TV's attempt at virtual dolby? Or should I stick to a plain Nicam TV? :confused:

Thanks for your time :cool:

Jas.

If I understand you properly then when you upgrade to proper surround sound (I'm assuming PL2, DD5.1 etc.) then the tv's sound will be superceded by new speakers etc. When you watch with proper seperates you will mute the tv and all sound will be fed through an amplifier.

So if you are planning to upgrade I'd just go for simple nicam now, save money and invest it in better seperates.

I hope this answers what you were actually asking.

I think most people would agree that "virtual dolby" is a waste of time and money,period.I have a proper surround system for movies and watch "normal" t.v with my teles nicam output,despite it having 3d surround and other such cr*p.Get a plain vanilla nicam set and a decent surround amp and speakers later.I think it's fair to say that's a standard reply and not just my opinion.

Thanks guys - you've answered my question perfectly :D
Now to decide which set to go for... bet I could make another entire thread about that :p

Cheers, Jas.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom