Quick question

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by MattTheCat, Jun 16, 2002.

1. MattTheCat

MattTheCat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just want to know what to set my fronts (Wharfedale Diamond 8.3) to (large or small) on SR6200. My sub is a PS1000 (connected at low level), adn Diampond 8.1 rears.

Cheers!
    Matt

2. Geoffc10

Geoffc10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Set them to Large if they can handle a lot of base. Test your front speakers by selecting 'no' for subwoofer.

3. MattTheCat

MattTheCat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanx for the quick reply! OK I'll try that, what should I put the crossover frequency to if they are set to large?

4. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Personally with the speakers you have mentioned i would set them all to small and let the sub do the rest, set sub xover to max and let the amp control the xover side of things.

5. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    The SR6200 has a fixed crossover at 100Hz. As per Bob, set the sub filter to max and leave the bass management to the amp and it will automatically filter anything less than 100Hz to the sub

6. timothyw

timothyw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    I would concur that this is definately the way to setup your sub with an av amp- sub crossover at max and all speakers set to small on amp.
    Correct me if i am wrong people, but is it not the case that the .1 lfe channel in ac3/dts goes up to 80hz, and as such if you set the subs crossover to blend with your main speakers it is probably the case that you would have the crossover set somewhere a little below this point- and as such you would be removing some of the LFE effects channel from ac3 and dts presentations;
    unless you have an amp that can blend LFE with main speakers at the same time as using the sub output- and I don't know of any amps that can. Mine can't anyway ;-)