Quick question

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by John Jennings, Feb 19, 2002.

Tags:
  1. John Jennings

John Jennings

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    If feeding an S-video signal into a S-VHS recorder, can you record that signal in a VHS form? Or will it give you a black & white signal if you try that?

(Basically, will the recorder downgrade the S-video to Composite, or do you have to record S-video as S-video)

2. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you saying you will be using a normal VHS tape and not a S-VHS tape?

If so then the quality of the recording will be to VHS standard. It will still be in colour.

DaveP

3. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you saying you will be using a normal VHS tape and not a S-VHS tape?

If so then the quality of the recording will be to VHS standard. It will still be in colour.

DaveP

4. John Jennings

John Jennings

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Yes, I mean recording on normal VHS tape.

Specifically, what I want to know is can I make making a VHS recording (composite signal) from an S-video source (S-video signal).

ie Will the recorder be able to convert the S-video signal (separate chroma and luminance signals) to a composite signal (combined chroma and luminance) when writing it to the tape.

5. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, that works fine, I do it all the time, when I run out of S-VHS tapes!

DaveP

6. John Jennings

John Jennings

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Just checking, but you do mean you do this from an S-video source (ie S-video Out from a digibox or DVD player), and not from a composite source (ie from analogue terrestrial, composite video-out from a digibox or from a VHS-only VCR)?

If so I'll be happy :)