Quick question

Vinny1967

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi there,
I've got a Denon AVR-X1400H connected to my LG B9.I can't get the 4k signal format to stay on enhanced.It just keeps reverting back to standard.I'm wondering if it's a cable problem.I'm using Amazon basic HDMI cables.They only support 4K up to 60 hz but the B9 is 120hz.Could this be the source of the problem or is it a receiver problem ?

Cheers
Vinny

The setting should remain set to whatever you set it to. The setting isn't linked to any auto detection mechanism and should remain set to the ENHANCED option even if and when connected to older non 4K UHD compliant devices. The output of the source and or the capabilities off your TV shouldn't have any effect upon that particular setting.

Your AV receiver and the sources you have are not able to output or handle 4K with a frame rate greater than 60Hz. The TV's 4K/120 abilities would only ever be exploited if using an HDMI version 2.1 source. The AV receiver you have wouldn't be able to pass a 4K/120 video signal output via such a source. The TV's HDMI version 2.1 abilities have no influence upon the AV receiver's ENHANCED video mode.

Neither should or would the cable you are using cause the setting to change.

The only result you'd get if an incompatability arose would be the loss of the video signal. The 4K Mode itself should stick to whatever setting you set it to.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply.I appreciate it.So what I gather from your response is that the cables are OK,but that makes me think that there's a problem with the Denon.

I'd draw the same conclusion and suggest you contact Denon. AS I said, the setting should remain set to whatever setting yu set it to. The receiver has no mechanism by which to automatically set this setting dependant upon the detected video capabilities of the devices or the cables being used in conjunction with the AV receiver. What you describe is not normal or expected behaviour.

Alright then.I'll get in contact with Denon and see what they suggest.Thanks for taking time out to help.

Vinny

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom