1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

quick question...

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by danny-p, Jan 13, 2004.

1. danny-p

danny-p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    Using a panny E50 i have been archiving/editing the contents of my sky+HDD (MUSIC VIDEO'S TO BE EXACT) and transferring the data to ram disks then into the all format LG recorder on my pc.....
    Using the editing/burning programme TMPGEen i have successfully edited each music video with censored audio and burned onto dvd-r which plays perfectly on my dvd player.
    The only gripe i have is that the type of music i am a fan of has explicit lyrics and obviously all recorded video's audio from sky+ are cut to ribbons!! (bleep...bleep...etc!)
    So seeing as i own the original explicit versions on either cd or wave files then how do i edit the audio from the video files and replace them with the correct wave/mp3 equivalent?
    Thanks for reading this.
    Danny

2. danny-p

danny-p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    rephrased...lol

3. danny-p

danny-p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone....please?

4. swarrans

swarrans
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Even if you can do it technically Danny (and I'm afraid I can't help you there) isn't it a bit unlikely that the timing will be exactly the same between the live version (assuming it was live) and the CD version. I guess if it is the official video of the song and the CD is exactly the same you'll be OK, but I can imagine getting some fairly horrendous lip-sync issues!!

Simon

5. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,845
    It would be extremely hard to do. Also, the timing of the sky video would probably be different to the CD versions,

I have used sound forge to edit the audio of a DVD before putting back with the video.

6. danny-p

danny-p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for the replies guys!!

Sound forge?
    Whats this and can it be downloaded on say a months trial?
    I'm sure the bpm is identical with both music video and cd/mp3 but seeing as most video's stop for intro's/skits then it would be very tricky but i'm the worlds most patient.
    Cheers

Danny

7. danny-p

danny-p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive seen many music video's made and when the artists are singing they are actually singing to their song via headphones or playing in background.....so lip sync shouldn't be too much of a problem.....
    Cheers
    Danny

8. smallman28

smallman28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Best bet is to either rip the CD track directly from the disc or convert it to MP3 first,then when you use TMP select that audio file as the audio source as opposed to the audio track that is embedded with the video.

9. danny-p

danny-p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for that....Is the audio compatible? mp3/wave etc ..... well theres only one way to find out.

I have just had a vision of several coasters ...lol

Cheers
    Danny

10. smallman28

smallman28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    WAV most definetley is.
    I have converted DVD to SVCD format and I always convert the audio to WAV before combining it back with the video in TMP.

11. danny-p

danny-p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im on the 30 day trial version....is this still possible?
    can you set the start time or is that asking too much?
    Still that would be awesome if i can get it to work because i could use other software to steal the likes of intros that are only on the music videos to still go in @ the start.
    Cheers
    Danny

12. smallman28

smallman28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Best bet is to go to http://www.dvdrhelp.com/ best bet to find out for sure.
    I know you can adjust the start point of the audio but not sure how to as I have never had to do it myself.
    As for the 30day trial it has never been a problem as the prgram doesn't install as such,just delete the folder with it in and unzip the files you downloaded again and start over again.

13. danny-p

danny-p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Will have a go now....cheers mate!

14. danny-p

danny-p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,
    Just tried to do the above method with mp3/wave and both times this message came up::-

Cannot use mpeg-1 audio layer 3 for a standard dvd....
    For a stansdarad dvd you can use the following audio formats:-
    dolby digital (ac-3), mpeg-1 audio layer 2 or linear pcm or capture it in the cotrrect format.

I Am totally stuck and need help.....Ive gathered that mpeg-1 audio layer 3 is mp3 so i'm presuming that mpeg-1 audio layer 2 is mp2 ....so where / how do i get hold of / convert my mp3's to mp2?
    I may be way off but would really like any help.
    thanks
    Danny-p

15. smallman28

smallman28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Best bet is to rip the CD tracks directly from the CD itself,see here.

http://www.windac.de/ just download the Digital Audio Copy for Win32 program,I think it is only a 30day trial though.

You should be able to use the WAV files in creation of a DVD as far as I know,thats what I have always done,I have never used MP3's.

16. danny-p

danny-p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers mate....will try that..
    Cheers for the link.
    Danny