quick question

kopchoir

Banned
did a seach and read the FAQ-the ps3 warranty issue for second hand consoles how do you register the console with sony, is it when you sign up on the psn for it or do you have to contact sony itself
cheers
Kop

FourthLion

First problem I had (Singstore issues) I rang up Sony and they just registered me there and then on the phone. You just have to give them your PSN details, PS3 serial and contact details (and the date you bought your console) then I blieve you are registered.

kopchoir

Banned
so i dont get automatically registered when i sign up to playstation network ,or psn store or what not????/

I have to pick up the phone and register

FourthLion

Why do you need to be registered? I think registering for a PSN doesn't count as I had a PSN account a logn time before I had a PS3 (on the PSP). It does mean they will already have a lot of your details thoug. It doesn't really mater about being registered until you have a problem though, and then they just backdate your registration to when you bought the console anyway.

kopchoir

Banned
Im thinking of selling my ps3 in the classifieds thats all and i need to know if i have had the console registered thats all.

I didnt know if i did/or you could do this automatically via the ps3, when i first signed up for psn/store i couldnt remember if it ever said your serial numer is xxxxx do you want us to register you or something along them lines.

So as long as i know that you have to phone sony up and say can i register my console then i know i have not registered the ps3 with sony so potential buyer could.

Kop

austinqpr

If you sign into the playstation website using your psn id and password, as if you were going to edit your portable id.

You can then click on the my account tab and it will show you any hardware that is registered by you.

From here you can also remove it if needs be. :thumbsup:

FourthLion

You definetely won't have registered from just creating a PSN ID as you can have mutliple IDs to a machine. Check as the useful poster above has posted :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom