• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Quick question - Will this cause any damage?

crizzy

Evening all,

I recently purchased some MA RX6's, Centre, RXW-12 & BR-FXs from Quantum Electronics UK (pics etc to follow!). I am just trying to decide on an amp, in the meantime (couple of weeks MAX) will I be doing any harm to the speakers using the Yamaha DSPAX759SE? (Amplifier power 7 x 100 watts 8 ohms, using Van Damme 2.5 cable)

I know its not ideal and they wouldn't sound their best, but I if there is a chance that I could be doing harm to the speakers or the amp then I wont bother.

Many thanks :thumbsup:

Full specs here:

DISCONTINUED YAMAHA DSPAX759SE HOME CINEMA AMPLIFIER - available from Superfi UK Visit http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/product_id/2861 for details)

safcalibur

Distinguished Member
no you wont be doing them any harm mate. The amp will run them but just not their optimum.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom