1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick question regarding AV32R Action Switches

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by Bolle, May 30, 2005.

1. Bolle

Bolle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Hi,

just upgraded from a AV32R 96 kHz 5.1 to a AV32R BP192 7.1. I'm using a combination of 3 Parasound amps (HCA-1500A + 2 x HCA1000A) for the amplification.

Turning on 3 amps by hand when using my system was becoming slightly annoying (how quickly do we get lazy...). The AV32R has action switches, and the Parasound amps can be switched on with a 12V DC signal, so a solution was available! (also thanks to some info on this procedure on the forum)

So over the weekend I got some electrical wire, a 12 V DC adaptor and a 9-pin D-sub plug for 12 euro's or so, and after 45 mins of fiddling and soldering all was working. Using a combination of the 'open', 'close' and 'same' commands I got the switches to turn on/off the right amps for each source (only the HCA-1500A for CD and radio, all amps for TV and DVD).

The question I have what do the action switches do when set to the 'stereo' and '5.1' command, which are also available next to the 'open', 'close' and 'same' settings.

Cheers,
    Menno

2. Bolle

Bolle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    ??? Anyone?

Can't find it in the manuals...

Cheers,
    Menno

3. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I use the switches to control my HCA2205a :) The option for 5.1/stereo is if you only want the switch to operate when you a listening to certain channels :smashin: e.g if you only want your stereo power amplification to switch on when you listen to a stereo source :)

4. Bolle

Bolle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    OK thanks. Will give it a try over the weekend.

Menno