Quick Question on Wireless Controllers and Batteries

domtheone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bit of a daft question:rolleyes: but I 've just picked up a 360 with 2 wireless controllers (only need 1 for now though).

Not got any of the charge/play and charge kit etc etc yet.

What batteries does the controller take and how many?

Think I have a few batteries in the house lying around but want to make sure that I can play as soon as I get home.:D

Also, given that I will only need 1 controller at a time (mostly single player), what;s my best option regarding play and charge, charge kit, extra battery(s) etc etc

2AA batteries. I bought 1 plug and charge kit and used batteries in the other as i rarely use the 2nd and saw buying another battery pack as a waste of money.

Cheers.

Home now and got 8 x Duracell AA batteries so that should keep me going for a few days:clap: :clap:

Might score the trading/for sale forums to see if I can pick up a Quick Charge/Battery charger etc etc.

Might be some peeps that have all the charging options and are only using 1 type now so maybe willing to offload 1 of the charging options.:)

Cheers.

Home now and got 8 x Duracell AA batteries so that should keep me going for a few days:clap: :clap:

Might score the trading/for sale forums to see if I can pick up a Quick Charge/Battery charger etc etc.

Might be some peeps that have all the charging options and are only using 1 type now so maybe willing to offload 1 of the charging options.:)

I have the play/charge lead if you want one mate as I now have the quick charger (you will need either two rechargable AA's or the official rechargable battery to go with it) Just give us a drink for it to cover postage and it's yours....

Thanks for the offer mate.

Done a bit more research and i'm going to go down the Quick Charge route:)

I'm sure I read in the 360 instruction book, not to use normal rechargeable batteries. Is this just MS trying to convince people to buy their battery packs?

I'm sure I read in the 360 instruction book, not to use normal rechargeable batteries. Is this just MS trying to convince people to buy their battery packs?

If it does say this then, Yes. I use 2700mAh Ni-MH rechargables bought from ebay. You can usually get 4 for around £5.

I also use normal rechargeable batteries in both of my controllers, considerably cheaper than the official battery pack and seems to work ok.

Thanks for the offer mate.

Done a bit more research and i'm going to go down the Quick Charge route:)

Yea thats why I got it as it charges the two at once! but it came out after I had got the play/charge one
:thumbsdow

everything says that. Look at the manual for a remote control it will say that. My old Minidisc player even said something like only use licensed Sony batteries with this device.

Have a look in Argos mate. I personally use these:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9804537.htm

I know they are only 1300mAh but they last around the 10/15 hour mark (havent really paid that much attention to battery life) and because you get 8 batteries with it you always have some ready to pop straight in if your controller dies :smashin:
It takes 5 hours to charge 4 AA's, but the charger can accept batteries upto 2300mAh if 1300 is too low for ya (They take a little longer to charge). It can also charge AAA's as well.

HTH

One of my controllers is still on the original energisers!!

Mind I've only had it 3 months:D

In the other I use vapextech (SP) NiMh 2400mAh rechargeables that I got off eBay for about £4

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom