• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Quick question on single DIN Head unit

Jeg72

Standard Member
I've removed the Ford Focus CD6000 HU and stuck in an Alpine single DIN with a Fascia adaptor. However, there's nothing to 'hold' the Alpine HU in place (bar the 'lip' of the fascia plate) The unit is not really securely fixed in, as the dashboard gap is too wide.

There was a rubber attachement which screwed into the back of the original CD6000 and this slotted into a hole in the back of the dash. The Alpine also has one of these but sadly, being a single DIN, the whole unit sits higher up, so the rubber attachment misses the hole.

The 'only mounting bracket' that came with the Alpine was already attached -an aluminium plate with bendable 'wings' - do I use that?.....and if I do, how do I ever remove the stereo in the future?

Sorry for this dumb question but I can't find any info on how to do this.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom