1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

quick question on Humax PVR8000T

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by swanytroon, Aug 17, 2004.

Tags:
  1. swanytroon

swanytroon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    im think about buying the Humax PVR8000T but dont get freeview in my area will it still work wif noraml tv e.g channel 1 2 3 and 4

2. pr1uk

pr1uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. swanytroon

swanytroon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
  4. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,268
    It might be worth (if you are able) trying someone elses freeview box rather than relying on those postcode checkers. When I checked my postcode (also dixons checked with their books) it said I was unable to receive here. Then someone told me it should be ok so I tried a box and it worked just fine (I did need to fit an external arial).
    One thing I would say though, I tried the Pace Twin and I was getting loads of picture freeze, however the Humax PVR8000 has been as good as gold, I'd really recommend it if you can use it. Seems to be good at making the most of a weak signal. Also it's a bargain now and damn near perfect piece of kit :thumbsup:

5. Flak_Munky

Flak_Munky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Swany,

If you can't get Freeview in your area, then the PVR-8000T will not be much use to you. :eek:

The way I read your post, you are wondering if you will be able to record analogue BBC1, BBC2, ITV, CH4, CH5 . If this is the case, the answer to your question is that the 8kT can only record from the internal digital tuner; it cannot record from any analogue source.

Have a look at an FAQ I wrote at: :spam:

http://www.radioandtelly.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?board=freeviewbox;action=display;num=1092477481

That will answer many of your questions.

If you can get Freeview in your area, the 8kT is a superb machine, :thumbsup: especially now the 7/8 day EPG has been rolled out. :clap:

Kind Regards,

fM

6. swanytroon

swanytroon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    ok thanks 4 all your help

7. pr1uk

pr1uk

Products Owned: