Quick question needing a quick reply, Humax tuning.

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Cornishcelt, Sep 16, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Cornishcelt

Cornishcelt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I am off to buy a Humax 9200 from a national retailer today but have a quick question for those that own one:

I live in an area that is midway between two transmitters and get good signals from both. When I tune my Sony TV it is not a problem as the tuning is displayed onscreen and I can pop the aerial in at the appropriate point that ensures that I get programes from just the one transmitter. If I DO get any confusion I can manually 'detune' the stations that I don't want.

Assuming that the Humax does an auto-tune on setup, is there a way I can I can remove particular channals using a manual tune system ... thus making sure that the channals on both my TV AND Humax match up to some extent.

The result of NOT being able to do this means I get 2 BBC's, 2 ITV3's, 2 of nearly everything in fact as the power of each transmitter does not aid the TV tuner to pick the strongest.

Any ideas or experiences?

Many thanks .... and I do hope I can end up getting my 9200

2. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    The Humax is very versatile you can auto search, manual search, add delete channels search by frequency etc.

You should be able to do what you require in removing unwanted channels.

3. Cornishcelt

Cornishcelt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Many thanks for that ... it has removed the indecision and I will hopefully be able to get one today.

Cheers :)