quick question from a noobie

K

kevantlin

When refering to no of scarts a a tv people describe it as havin 3 scarts and one of them is rgb !!!!

What does this mean

DVD players can output the video signal in a number of ways of which one is RGB. Not all scart sockets in televisions are fully wired and often only one socket will accept an RGB signal which is a shame as the quality is much higher than composite and normally better than S-video as well.

Sky Boxes can also output an RGB signal and again this connection should be used wherever possible.

thanks ian

So am i right in summing up by saying its a high quality video only scart input

any chance of explaing what a dvi is and is it good a tv that i want has this connection

Originally posted by kevantlin
So am i right in summing up by saying its a high quality video only scart input

No it isn't video only as a scart socket on a TV that will accept an RGB signal will also have the pins connected for sound too. Just to confuse matters, some RGB scart cables will not have the pins for sound connected though.

i am more confused than ever now.

I want to buy the qed squart range of cables will i be better off with the scart to scart rgb than a fully wired scart

If you have a decent DVD player the QED Squart RGB special edition cable doesn't carry any audio signals in order to maximize picture quality. That assumes that you have a seperate amplifier or a Dolby Digital TV so that you can connect up the sound via a digital optical or co-axial cable.

If you are not sure what you want to do now or you feel that you may change your system around in the future you may be better off buying the QED fully wired Squart cable that also carries s-video video plus audio signals so that the cable can be used elsewhere in your system.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom