1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick question for rxv1400 owners

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Dfour, Mar 22, 2004.

1. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    Does the amp have a captive cable or use a 'kettle' plug?? The one in yamahas flyers/website has a 'kettle' plug on the back as i have a nice mains cable i want to use with it.

Thx

2. dbanugo

dbanugo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Captive cable (meaning built in cable with a plug at the end)

3. bramdo

bramdo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mine, bought in Belgium, has a replacable powercord, i use the audusa eupen.

4. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    Im hopeing as Im getting it from Germany it will have a replacable power cord. Do you notice much differance witht he audusa eupen over the standard cable Branmbo?

5. bramdo

bramdo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, to be honest I never tried the normal powercable since i replaced the fixed lead with my yamaha dspa2 and that gave a tad more dynamics especially on low volumes. I had e demo of the powercable in a shop on a thule stereo amp and the increase of detail was very clear even for me, a home cinema boy :)

6. Fishbones

Fishbones
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    My Rx-V1400 is also from Germany and it came with replacable cord.

Just a quick question regarding these "special" power cords. What difference would it make if the in wall wires are unshealded etc...

7. nelius

nelius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Fishbones: Where and when did you buy it from in Germany? Seems to be quite hard to find places with stock at the moment. Thanks.

8. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    None I rekon.

The weakest link will define the performance, I just can't imagine that the most expensive power cord of appr. 1.5m length can improve what is mostly affected by 20-50 meter cabling from the outlet to the main distribution ...

9. Fishbones

Fishbones
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    nelius.... I bought it in February from here.

10. nelius

nelius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Fishbones. I've got one ordered from here and I'm waiting on it to arrive. They've told me there is great demand for them at the moment and supplies are hard to come by. Can you tell me the time frame you had from ordering to delivery? I've been without a receiver since the end of January and I'm getting a little anxious to receive my replacement. :)

11. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    Ive just paid for mine today so will have approx 2 weeks wait for mine to be delivered :(
    Thankfully i still have my old amp :D

As to the cable i have a replacement and will see if it makes any difference but will use it anyways otherwise it is just gathering dust and it carry's less risk than cutting the cable off my 900SE and fitting the adapter and cable to that. No warrenty problems :smashin:

12. Fishbones

Fishbones
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    nelius....it took about 3 weeks. It should be less if you're in the UK. They (Hifi-regler) ship with ABX. It arrived in Lisbon in 1 week and then 2 to get to the Island of Madeira :-(

PS. Dfour... Sorry to "hijack" your thread. Great AMP BTW. You won't regret it.

13. Fishbones

Fishbones
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi

Amp WAS great until now :(
    It now seems to overheat then shutsdown. This happens even with nothing connected to it. It was also making strange "squeeky" noises on rear speakers when playing stereo sources through any of the 5.1 DSP modes. AC3 5.1 sources was OK.

Has anyone had to send their amp bought from a German online store in for repairs? If so, does one send it to the local Yamaha service center or back to Germany?

14. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,678
    If you have your receipt (or if you paid with credit card your satement for that month may be enough ) yamaha should alow you to use a local repair centre and this is what they have said on ocation in the past, although no one has put it to the test.

Send them an email detailing the problem and ask if you can get it serviced localy. I think that european law means that are covered but its best to make sure.

Have you checked all the normal problems enough ventilation, cables not touching and maybe checked for dust, maybe able to use a good hover to suck some up from the inside via the outside. I don't think opening it would be a good idea though as it will usualy void your warranty. Also check for touching wires and wires touching the case, make sure you haven't got some dodgy ground loop to by disconnecting all outside sources.

15. Fishbones

Fishbones
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the reply gazbarber.

I have disconnected all outside sources but no go.

Sent it to the local repair centre but was told that the they will not repair it under warranty as it was not bought form them :mad:

Could you please supply me with the yamaha services e-mail as I would like to take this matter further.

Thanks in advance

Regards