• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Quick question for iPhone/Mac users

deniewibly

Established Member
Hi

I'm going to get an 3GS (my first iphone) and want to get ready for it so just had a couple of simple questions.

If I update my mac address book with all my contacts from my current phone, and add photos of the people etc. Will all the information sync automatically to the iPhone when I hook it up?

I have a 60Gb iPod which is almost full. How do I determine what music goes onto my iPhone? Do I have to setup an iPhone playlist?

I'm guessing the first question is a no brainer but a bit unsure about the ipod/iphone/itunes combination.

Thanks

Dene

deniewibly

Established Member
OK, thanks. I'm still a bit confused though. A playlist in iTunes is just a collection of songs yes?

I want a certain amount of albums/artists on my iPhone but organised exactly as they are on my iPod. Is that possible? I kinda would like to setup my iTunes in time for getting the iPhone so I can just plug and sync.

Dene

hutch

Distinguished Member
Just throw the songs/albums in your playlist and the iPhone will sort them all into exactly as they are on your iPod (into Artist/Album/etc).

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom